Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Greatest Dirt Track Season Ever?!

Not sure this video will work for everyone but I'll try it anyway.

Given the diversity of racecars and tracks it's a good argument that Larson is having the greatest season anyone has ever had on dirt. I feel very lucky to have watched Larson be victorious in his 2 USAC Silver Crown starts on 1 mile dirt tracks this season and I also got to see him win at Du Quoin in a USAC Silver Crown car. But, the most satisfying win of his season up 'till now was the late model win! However, watching the tunnel vision late model people eat crow was very nearly as much fun as actually seeing Larson win in a late model! LOL!

https://www.floracing.com/collection...laying=6807395
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-27-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Hold on while I Barf. Ok. Let’s at least wait till next week to see how Kyle stacks up against ALL the best dirt racers.

Don't get any of it on ya'!

It don't matter what he does in a late model from here on, he kicked ass in only his second start. In addition, he's already more highly regarded than any, and I mean ANY, dirt late model driver of the generic DLM era has ever been.

That distresses you, doesn't it!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Don't get any of it on ya'!It don't matter what he does in a late model from here on, he kicked ass in only his second start. In addition, he's already more highly regarded than any, and I mean ANY, dirt late model driver of the generic DLM era has ever been.That distresses you, doesn't it!! LOL!
    Ok fanboy. History. Study you history young man.

Yep, I'm a fan of great drivers. Those who are fast and win races in multiple disciplines of racecars. Larson is the epitome' of the term "diverse" in reference to winning while driving multiple disciplines of racecars.

I repeat, Kyle Larson has a winning legacy far more diverse and impressive than any regular dirt late model driver of the generic era. For what ever reason you just can't bring yourself to admit the obvious. Don't know what it is about the kid that triggers such hate but I suspect it's the ass kicking he put on Brandon Sheppard and the other DLM stars in just his 2nd DLM A-main start. LOLOL!

How bout Portsmouth? What was boy wonders excuse up there? I don’t hate him but the fans over reaction to Kyle is rather remarkable.

What about Portsmouth? Larson got intentionally wrecked by a disgruntled and much lesser known DLM guy (I don't think the DLM guys like having their asses kicked by a dirt open wheel guy). Hell, Owens was obviously jealous and wouldn't even say Larson's name in an interview at Port Royal.

Over reaction? Is it possible to over react to one of the greatest dirt track racers of ALL time? Besides that he's a really nice kid. Compare Larson's talent and character to say.....Pierce, or the guy that stole a bunch of stuff in Florida and is now driving a DLM. Does that clear it up for you mr. hater?

I had not heard about Larson getting dumped but even Bloomquist fully understands that’s part of the game when you are a really popular driver. I look at Overton and Owens and B Shepp and many others. They are not living the million dollar lifestyle. They are busting tail working very hard to put a fast car on the track and they probably are not getting millions of dollars for that effort. Even the ones with great teams are still working on cars/setups/loading/unlosding/ etc They are the ones putting on the awesome show that people like me are lucky enough to watch. The working people. I enjoy the heck out of it and young kids need to watch this and understand what hard work and dedication are.

Flyboy, it's people like you who need to go back and look at history. Your posts on here keep getting worse, which is rather remarkable. It's really not that hard to understand why people love Kyle Larson. Nobody is saying that he's the best DLM driver of all time, but he is the most diverse race car driver there's ever been. No, he's not Scott Bloomquist in a late model, but the ability to adapt and drive everything is what makes him an all time great. You wouldn't see any DLM driver jump in a sprint car and be competitive, you also wouldn't see a sprint guy other than Larson jump in a DLM and be competitive right away. His ability to do so, separates his ability from everyone else. It's really not rocket science....

I just don’t feel one season makes anyone great. Larson made it to the top levels of racing. He should be very good racing with Outlaws and Lucas drivers.

You obviously don't understand the transition from one type of car to another on a totally different surface. Do you think any NASCAR driver would come in and do what Larson did this year on dirt? The answer is definite NO way.

Kyle raced stock cars/trucks. Not like he only has open wheel experience. I do like Kyle. I do love what he does in different types of race cars. I did buy his late model 6 T. I’m just not ready to crown him greatest thing ever on dirt. Cup series needs him and the excitement he brings. That’s where he belongs. If you are a fan buy his hats and t shirts, etc.

https://shopkylelarson.com/Good news for me is that I will follow sprint cars more in 2021. It’s been 15 or so years since I have followed it much.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 10-29-2020 at 10:47 AM.

What CIRF stated many a time, the generic era, major talking point. Larson is epic.

LMM

Well. I guess Bloomer ain’t the big draw anymore but I think you Larson fanboys are gonna get caught at the alter and your man is gonna leave you high and dry for the other hot chick he has been lookin at.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    You obviously don't understand the transition from one type of car to another on a totally different surface. Do you think any NASCAR driver would come in and do what Larson did this year on dirt? The answer is definite NO way.
    https://www.autoweek.com/racing/indy...ole-milwaukee/

AJ and Mario were kings on dirt (and everything else they ever drove)Kyle ain’t there just yet

Larson is as close to being in the same rarified air as A.J. and Mario as anyone ever had been since those two guys were in their heyday.

Larson has won races driving:

Outlaw karts.

Midgets
    (Larson has won every midget racing crown jewel including Belleville the first time he ever had seen The High Banks, midget portion of the 4 Crown Nats. the first time ever seeing Eldora, Turkey Night GP on two different tracks) and The Chili Bowl.

wingless 410 sprint cars
    (the sprint car portion of the 4 Crown Nationals at Eldora the first time he'd ever laid eyes on Big E!!)

Winged 410 sprint cars

USAC Silver Crown
    (all 3 one mile dirt track races=Indy Mile, Du Quoin & Springfield, plus the Silver Crown portion of the 4 Crown at Eldora the first time he had ever laid eyes on Big E!

All Pro Series asphalt late models
    He won the very first race he ever drove in an All Pro Series stock car and won the All Pro series championship as a rookie.

Dirt late models
    (the most satisfying of his victories because of the naysayers chirping about how the late model boys would show him a thing or two!! LOL!)

NASCAR trucks
    on both dirt and pavement

NASCAR Infinity Series

NASCAR Cup Series

The Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona driving a Daytona Prototype sports car

Is that enough diversity for ya'?!!

All of that doesn't put him in the A.J/Mario level of success but it gets him very close, for sure.

Just admit it flyboy, you really didn't like seeing Larson kick some big time dirt late model ass. Can't say as I blame you, most of the DLM guys resented him kicking their asses, too.

Ok CIRF. I give up 😜. Your love just won’t die for Kyle. I’ll buy your pit passes for a Carolina sprint tour race next year and you can teach me the ropes of sprint car racing. 👍😀

Please don't give up!! PLEASE!

It's interesting to see what hate and misinformation you'll concoct next!

If you've read what I've posted here over the years you'd fully understand that I pick my favorites carefully. I don't think much of drivers who, while they might be really good on the track, are steaming a-holes off the track. It's somewhat rare when a competitor, of any sport really, is extraordinarily talented and good in their chosen form of competition and is also a top quality human being in their daily lives. I've always gravitated my support and fandom towards people such as Walter Peyton, Terry Labonte, Jimmie Johnson, David Pearson (who was before my time but a perfect example, nonetheless). Larson seems to be another that I think is worthy of accolades, on and off of the track.