Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You are correct on Walter Peyton and David Pearson. Terry Labonte is a nice guy. I’m done talking about Larson. You folks are in love with him. Maybe the fan vote will get him into the all star race next year. 😜 (but I do have his T shirt).

It's hard not to be a fan of a guy as good on and off the track as Larson is. Any race he participates in is more exciting and more entertaining because he's a part of it and it doesn't matter what type racecar he'd driving. Larson makes any race he's a part of more enjoyable to watch and experience. Hell, I knew that way back in 2011! If that constitutes love then I'm guessing there are a whole lotta' people who are in love with him.

Ok CIRF. I believe you now. Kyle is better than the invention of sliced bread. How is the sprint car world going to pretty much live without him next year? 😜

World of Outlaws is the highest level of Sprint car racing. Kyle has a long, long way to go to even be mentioned as a good driver let alone the best. https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcar...ins-1978-2018/

Let this ruminate in your craw Raj. Going forward, the top level dirt late model drivers like Sheppard and Owens are very happy Larson is going to be occupied with Cup racing and isn't going to show up to a few DLM events every season and kick their collective asses. I suspect the smug DLM fans with acute tunnel vision are just as happy that they won't have people like me pointing out how superior Larson is as a driver to their DLM hero's! LOLOL!

CIRF. Is there medicine that will cure your KL syndrome ?? Happy Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    CIRF. Is there medicine that will cure your KL syndrome ?? Happy Halloween.
    The medicine has already been provided in the form of an asskicking administered by Yung Money to the best DLM drivers. Thus showing the very best dirt open wheel drivers are vastly superior in talent and bravery to DLM drivers! A fact that those of us not afflicted with DLM tunnel vision have been aware of for decades at this point. LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The medicine has already been provided in the form of an asskicking administered by Yung Money to the best DLM drivers. Thus showing the very best dirt open wheel drivers are vastly superior in talent and bravery to DLM drivers! A fact that those of us not afflicted with DLM tunnel vision have been aware of for decades at this point. LOLOL!
    1 DLM race and he is the words best DLM driver. We will see this week. How you feelin about your chances?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    1 DLM race and he is the worlds best DLM driver. We will see this week. How you feelin about your chances?
    Never said he's the best DLM driver in the world, but he's obviously close. What I said is that he kicked ass of the best DLM drivers in the division at this point in time and it happened in only his 2nd start. If that fact means nothing to you it proves one of two things, either you knowingly deny that he's dam good in anything he has ever driven, including a dirt late model, or, you have a combination of a bad case of DLM inferiority complex and acute DLM tunnel vision.

What I will say is this: he's the best all around dirt racer on the planet Earth at this point in time. He's proven it this season by winning races driving virtually every type racecar on dirt (including DLM's) that he's competed and you're either not smart enough or man enough to admit it and give the kid his due.

We can do this till Christmas if ya' want, but you look just a bit dumber with every post that can be debunked by even just a casual dirt racing fan.

Boy wonder not so hot on night 1 of Outlaw final

Yep, not surprising! Dirt late models require SOOOOO much more talent, bravery, car control and will to win to be successful than say............a midget at Belleville, a USAC Silver Crown car at Springfield or a winged 410 at Knoxville. All who know dirt racing, such as yourself, are fully aware Larson doesn't own any of those necessary attributes. LOLOL!

Is it his Japanese linage that irks you or is it DLM envy? Asking for a friend. Hahahaha!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-05-2020 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Yep, not surprising! Dirt late models require SOOOOO much more talent, bravery, car control and will to win to be successful than say............a midget at Belleville, a USAC Silver Crown car at Springfield or a winged 410 at Knoxville. All who know dirt racing, such as yourself, are fully aware Larson doesn't own any of those necessary attributes. LOLOL!Is it his Japanese linage that irks you or is it DLM envy? Asking for a friend. Hahahaha!!
    Sprints take a lot of courage to drive. You are very right about that.

Doug Wolfgang in 85, u people forget that?

LMM

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Doug Wolfgang in 85, u people forget that?LMM
    Yes. I had forgot about that. Thanks for the history lesson 👍. A lot of great drivers through the years.

Doug Wolfgang in 85, u people forget that?

LMM
    Not discounting anything Wolfy did, Mark. Anyone with any sense of dirt racing history knows Wolfy had a magical season. I did some research a month or so ago and studied that mid 1980's season Wolfgang put together and found that very nearly all of those victories were driving winged sprint cars. It is also abundantly clear that all of those wins did not come easily.

What sets Larson apart with his 42 wins (and counting) is the different types of cars and tracks that he has won races in and on. He is carrying a total winning percentage of just over 50%.

Just this season Larson has won races driving:

winged 410 sprint cars

Midgets (against USAC competition which is the best in midget racing!)

USAC Silver Crown cars on 2, count 'em, 2 different 1 mile dirt tracks

and last but not least he beat the best dirt late model drivers in the world in just his 2nd start

Again, I take NOTHING away from Mr. Wolfgang but I'm confident that Wolfy's magical season in the mid 1980's did not contain wins in 4 totally different types of race cars on so many different lengths and track configurations.

Let us not forget Rick Ferkel, Opperman, and Tommy Hiner(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)z, sorry bout the spelling. CIRF, please take into account the science of the cars of those eras and the "I need a set of major balls" to race back then on the tracks of those days, size and configurations. Steve Kinser too.

Late Model Mark

Let us not forget Rick Ferkel, Opperman, and Tommy Hiner(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)z, sorry bout the spelling. CIRF, please take into account the science of the cars of those eras and the "I need a set of major balls" to race back then on the tracks of those days, size and configurations. Steve Kinser too.

Late Model Mark
    Again, I haven't done the research on how diverse the racecars were that the guys you speak of won races. Opperman may have won in Silver Crown cars but I'm not familiar with him winning driving a midget but that could be a lack of knowledge on my part. Tommy H is on a whole different level in reference to danger and bravery. No driver whose career spanned a period after the mandate of full seat belts and a roll over hoop or cage can be categorized with guys like Tommy H.

All I'm saying is there may never have been a driver besides Larson who won races driving so many different types of racecars on so many different track lengths and configurations for so many different car owners all in one season. If it's happened I will certainly stand humbly corrected and eat my heapin' helpin' of crow.

Jack Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    Jack Hewitt
    Winning all four A-main's in one night at the 1998 4 Crown Nationals at Eldora puts ol' Jack in the conversation, for sure.