Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horn clip?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I think chemistry is Codys expertise! lol
    I'm sure he helped, but don't get it twisted, jimmy is not scared of the hot wrench, and if he did tweak her, no one would ever know but who was in the shop helping weld her up
    just look at how straight he is driving, brandon doesn't drive that straight

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    I'm sure he helped, but don't get it twisted, jimmy is not scared of the hot wrench, and if he did tweak her, no one would ever know but who was in the shop helping weld her upjust look at how straight he is driving, brandon doesn't drive that straight
    You certainly don't have to cut or weld on a rocket to get it to drive straight. Just because Brandon doesn't drive straight doesent doesn't mean the car is incapable its preference. If jimmy drove the one car you can bet mark would have her straight as an arrow and he wouldn't need to cut anything to make that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    You certainly don't have to cut or weld on a rocket to get it to drive straight. Just because Brandon doesn't drive straight doesent doesn't mean the car is incapable its preference. If jimmy drove the one car you can bet mark would have her straight as an arrow and he wouldn't need to cut anything to make that happen
    just stating jimmy is very capable of doing anything he needs to do to win, including cutting a car and making it the way he likes it, and if you don't believe guys are tweaking a car here and there, well theres that, in racing not all cars are created equal, I've had the opportunity to measure several different manufactures chassis, yes there close but not the same, 1/4 inch here and there makes a difference
    also, while i respect everything mark has done in racing (and he has done a ton) he is not the only one that can do it, just ask the engineer that helped build the xr1
    i don't know why everyone is so scared to cut and weld a car today, thats how you'll get an edge, plumb bob, angle finder, square, and a tape measure is the best tools a person in racing can have
    don't get me wrong, you'll need a good set of shocks, and tons of testing (thats where its at today)

sorry about robbing the post

just stating jimmy is very capable of doing anything he needs to do to win, including cutting a car and making it the way he likes it, and if you don't believe guys are tweaking a car here and there, well theres that, in racing not all cars are created equal, I've had the opportunity to measure several different manufactures chassis, yes there close but not the same, 1/4 inch here and there makes a differencealso, while i respect everything mark has done in racing (and he has done a ton) he is not the only one that can do it, just ask the engineer that helped build the xr1i don't know why everyone is so scared to cut and weld a car today, thats how you'll get an edge, plumb bob, angle finder, square, and a tape measure is the best tools a person in racing can havedon't get me wrong, you'll need a good set of shocks, and tons of testing (thats where its at today)sorry about robbing the post
    I understand what your saying and i only mention mark because everyone uses that car as the bench mark for comparisons of what a rocket can and cant do. My point was while I'm sure jimmy is more than capable and willing i would be willing to bet he didn't need to cut anything to get a the rocket to his liking.

I'm sure he helped, but don't get it twisted, jimmy is not scared of the hot wrench, and if he did tweak her, no one would ever know but who was in the shop helping weld her up
    just look at how straight he is driving, brandon doesn't drive that straight
    No doubt, Jimmys no dummy!

I seen him change rearends in his Bloomer car one year, and I noticed the most generic looking birdcage with no adj holes. I asked epj who built those, and epj said Jimmy does his own!

Another time, a friend of mine went to Jimmys shop to meet one of his crew guys. He said as soon as he walked into the shop, Jimmy quickly grabbed a towel and threw it over a shock he had tore apart and threw another over a shock he had on the dyno!

He has enough knowledge and ability to tweak a few things!

Get the sawsall out and have at it !

Jackie Boggs would do it to a brand new car, if he didnt like how it drove. His best car was a crashed up, front end, chassis that sat in the back of his shop for many years rusting. He cut the front end off, welded a new one on, actually Audie did it. He won like 3 or 4 Harleys with it at Brushcreek. Fastest SLM i ever seen, when the track was a tri-oval, i would venture to say he would carry more speed than racing at Eldora (he made that comment to me), anyway it was something to see.

Moyer Sr, is / was the same way.

I believe MFG is a lot better nowadays, tolerances are better, and welding knowledge. Plus a lot of the new cars are really optimized, design wise. At least with the chassis in the past 2 years or so. So that being said, i am not sure there would be anything to gain cutting on a new gen design.

Just say no...

you herd it here first , loose gruff L/M chassis , coming spring of 2025 ......and i guarantee you he will put the sawsall to it.....this is hear-say yall ....lol......