Earl Pearson Jr. Celebrates 20 Years of Sponsorship with Lucas Oil Products

Jacksonville, FL (October 29, 2020) – Earl Pearson Jr. and the Lucas Oil Products partnership has been a mainstay in the dirt late model racing industry since the year 2000 when Earl was hired by the Dunn-Benson Motorsports Team in Dunn, NC to drive their cars. Lucas Oil was the primary sponsor of Dunn-Benson Motorsports and Earl soon developed a close relationship with Forest Lucas that would grow into one of the longest driver/sponsor relationships in the sport. This year, 2020, marks twenty years that Earl has been sponsored by Lucas Oil Products based in Corona, CA. In those twenty years, Earl has driven for Dunn-Benson Motorsports, Bobby Labonte Racing and currently with Black Diamond Racecars owned by Ronnie and Terri Stuckey. Lucas Oil has been a sponsor with each car owner and those teams over the past twenty years.

The iconic LUCAS #1 car and EPJ were instrumental in branding Lucas Oil Products in the sport of dirt late model racing. The simple block letters LUCAS would adore the nose panel of Earl’s cars many of those past twenty years making it one of the most recognizable racecars in the sport. The strategy behind the logo on the nose panel was to brand the Lucas Oil Product line in big bold clear letters LUCAS that would show up on the car when races were televised and also for fans to recognize that car immediately when they saw that LUCAS across the nose coming around the track. Twenty years later, that strategy worked as EPJ and that logo are forever branded as one of the most recognized car and driver combos in the sport today. Lucas Oil Products are now widely used in all forms of motorsports and fans continue to buy and use Lucas Oil Products in their own personal vehicles.

Earl will tell anyone today that the Lucas Oil Products sponsorship is more than just their name on his car as a sponsor, but a long close relationship with Forest Lucas the founder of the Lucas Oil Company. Earl has developed a close relationship not only with Forest, but the entire Lucas family and employees at Lucas Oil Products over the past twenty years. “I have always dealt with Forest directly from day one of our relationship that started in 2000. Forest is the most down to earth guy you will ever meet. He loves racing, loves cows, and loves seeing that LUCAS name on racecars winning on TV. I have become good friends with so many people within the company over the years, that they have become part of my extended family”, stated Earl Pearson Jr.

The EPJ/Lucas Oil partnership would generate enormous success over the twenty years together, as Earl has won national championships, won numerous crown jewel events and been one of the most popular drivers in dirt late model racing during that span. In the twenty years partnered with Lucas Oil, Earl’s resume includes five (5) National Series Championships-2004-Stacker2 XTREME DirtCar Series, 2005, 2006, 2007 and the 2008 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Championships. Crown Jewel event wins include the 2006 World 100, 2006 Hillbilly Hundred, 2009 Indiana Ice Breaker, 2009 Jackson 100, 2010 Colossal 100 Champion, 2010 Dirt Track World Championship, 2015 Indiana Ice Breaker and winning the second largest winners payout in dirt late model racing, the 2018 Dirt Million that paid $202,993.50 to the winner.

Earl has the longest active streak of any driver in the sport with over 650 consecutive starts on a national touring series, the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and ranked 4th all-time in wins on the series. Earl has won feature events on numerous touring series including World of Outlaws, Southern All-Stars, Carolina Clash, STARS and Hav-A Tampa Series. Earl won his first national touring series event in 1996 winning a Hav-A-Tampa Series event at Waycross Motor Speedway in Waycross, GA, upsetting several of the national stars that day.

“Looking back over the past twenty years, I have to thank Forest Lucas and everyone at Lucas Oil Products for believing in me and supporting me all these years. I would have never won the championships and all those crown jewel events without their sponsorship and support. It’s amazing what we have accomplished together and to have such a long driver/sponsor relationship in this sport is really special to me. More than just the sponsorship aspect, but to have all the great friends within Lucas Oil and the friendship that I have with Forest is truly a blessing and that I will cherish for the rest of my life”, stated Earl Pearson Jr.

To learn more about Earl Pearson Jr and his current race team, visit https://raceblackdiamond.com.

About Lucas Oil Products

Forrest and Charlotte started Lucas Oil Products with the simple philosophy of producing only the best line of lubricants and additives available anywhere. Since its inception, Lucas has steadfastly adhered to this corporate objective. Through innovative product research and development, along with aggressive marketing programs, Lucas has established itself as a top selling additive line in the American truck stop industry. Lucas is also one of the fastest growing additive lines in the consumer automotive industry. A premium line of oils, greases and problem solving additives has helped to firmly establish Lucas as a prominent figure in this marketplace. Lucas has long been directly involved in the American racing industry through multiple vehicle sponsorships and racing event promotions, at all levels. Seeing a need for better lubricants in this industry, the Lucas people went to work again. The end result being a line of high performance engine oils and gear oils that are second-to-none in the racing industry. The Lucas success story has been built upon hard work, an unparalleled line of premium products and an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. This single formula for success will continue to guide Lucas Oil Products as it grows in the years to come. For more information visit www.LucasOil.com.