Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still much that Brandon Sheppard could accomplish

https://insidedirtracing.com/still-m...ld-accomplish/

At only 27 years of age, the possibilities are almost limitless

Not if Tyler Carpenter has anything to say about it 😜

Another great article. Thanks.

Richards need to let him run the Lucas tour to see just how many wins they can get against the best. He won what 20+ on the outlaws tour? Do that on the Lucas tour and then I’ll agree with you.

Langham13,

Give it a rest!!
    The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.

In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.

For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.

Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%).

Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.

Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game.

Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Langham13,

Give it a rest!!
    The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.

In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.

For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.

Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%).

Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.

Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game.

Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.
    Beat me to it, and with great stats.

Instead of, really?, wtf do they/he, have left to prove? Jack crap, but I wouldn’t doubt if Mark don’t get a burr up his a$$ just to show the naysayers what’s up. Or then again, he just laughs and swoops in and then leaves. After he picks up multiple wins from his night off on their mediocre tour ha ha.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Langham13,Give it a rest!!The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%). Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game. Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.
    Very good thoughts and facts 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Very good thoughts and facts 
    And we all know facts hurt feelings !

He's just padding his career numbers at this point -- with a long ways to go to keep adding on.

How much work does a guy like Brandon do on the cars? Hauler? Car setup at the track? Repairing damage, changing motors. I’m assuming he is right In the middle of it.

Repeat post. Sorry

Top notch team and a talented driver make a very impressive resume for Brandon. At his current win rate it will only take him about 37.5 years to catch up with Moyer and a few years less to match Bloomquist.

Of course, Moyer might still be out there racking up a few wins every year and planning to retire at the end of that season.

over4T, I think your numbers are assuming that Brandon has never won a feature before this season.

We used to hear that same BS about Josh on here. Then he went and won the Lucas championship the first year running the series!

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    We used to hear that same BS about Josh on here. Then he went and won the Lucas championship the first year running the series!
    And not in Rocket1 either. Might've been Rocket2. But it definitely wasn't Rocket1
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Not if Tyler Carpenter has anything to say about it 
    This must be a northerner southerner thing lol... Tyler is good but come on now. Get real.😊

Zonks. Great post. Some have a burr digging in because they either don't like mark or they hate that BS wins. Flyboy, I don't know what the arrangement is ? but BS when not racing is at rocket working. The guy drives for the best team in SLM racing. I don't know how mark does it ? If he is training these guys or what it is ? There young and each member on that crew understands what his job is. You see them in the pits and they are prepared for anything that comes at them. How many would cherish to have that job ?

If he stays on his current path (which will be extremely hard to sustain), in twenty five years he’ll have the best resume of all time and still be younger than Bloomquist or Moyer are right now.

Default Brandon Sheppard

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    over4T, I think your numbers are assuming that Brandon has never won a feature before this season.
    JCSullivan00, You're correct on your assumption. Since I have no idea how much he's won previously ( I would guess quite a lot) I just did the math with the thought that the last four years with Rocket have probably been his most productive.
    Add in the other wins and average the years he still would probably take close to 30 years to accomplish what Billy has. Certainly don't mean to shortchange Brandon 'cause he definitely is one of the best of the younger crop and will be fun to watch for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Zonks. Great post. Some have a burr digging in because they either don't like mark or they hate that BS wins. Flyboy, I don't know what the arrangement is ? but BS when not racing is at rocket working. The guy drives for the best team in SLM racing. I don't know how mark does it ? If he is training these guys or what it is ? There young and each member on that crew understands what his job is. You see them in the pits and they are prepared for anything that comes at them. How many would cherish to have that job ?
    If you love dirt racing Rocket would be a dream job that you would probably be happy to wake up each day and drive in and bust tail all day and haul to the track and race