Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
Langham13,Give it a rest!!The kid entered 20 Lucas races this season and won 5 of them, including $53k at I-80 and $100k at the DWTC. He finished top 5 in 13 out of 20 (65%) of the Lucas events he entered this year, a higher top-5 % than any full-time Lucas driver.In 2019, he won $101k at Mansfield and $100k at the DWTC.For a team/driver that runs about 20 Lucas events/year and wins 25+% of the time, I'd say that's getting it done.Owen's won 11 out of 47 Lucas races this season (23.4%). Only 4 full-time Lucas drivers had more top 5 finishes on the Lucas tour for the entire year than B-Shepp did in 20 races. Owen's had 29 in 47 races (61.7%). T-Mac, 21 in 47 races. Davenport, had16 in 46 races, and Tyler Erb had 14 in 47 races.Hate on the WoO tour all you want, but the fact remains that, right now, Rocket1 is the best team in DLM racing and young Sheppard is the best SHOE in the game. Owens, B-Shepp, and Overton all class acts to boot. I'd say we're pretty fortunate right now as DLM fans.
True. Also, Jimmy Owens won 40% the WoO races he entered and was top five 80% of the time but those stats aren't quite as impressive considering how weak the WoO roster is. Although I do think the Rocket team would win the LoLM series is they ran it, they wouldn't do it as decisively as they would in the WoO, which means they would make less money. That alone is a good reason to keep picking the low hanging fruit.