Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dirt on dirt Sunday morning

I sure miss waking up Sunday morning & having 5-10 replays from sat night.Oct 31 had 3 - 10,000 to win races & 2 - 5000 to win & no video at all on dirt on dirt as of 8:25 am Nov 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle2win View Post
    I sure miss waking up Sunday morning & having 5-10 replays from sat night.Oct 31 had 3 - 10,000 to win races & 2 - 5000 to win & no video at all on dirt on dirt as of 8:25 am Nov 1.
    Sorry there is 1 video up.My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle2win View Post
    Sorry there is 1 video up.My apologies.
    This really shows what a dominating website, the "fan"tastic crew at DoD has built over the last dozen (or so) years....

Michael, Todd, Amber and the entire gang, have now become the industry standard, to what we as fans expect, from Late Model racing/reporting.

We are all very grateful and appreciative, for what they have built...

Now that big business has moved in, we may never get "all this" back.

They have come a long way from the wrapped ford wind star.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    This really shows what a dominating website, the "fan"tastic crew at DoD has built over the last dozen (or so) years.... Michael, Todd, Amber and the entire gang, have now become the industry standard, to what we as fans expect, from Late Model racing/reporting. We are all very grateful and appreciative, for what they have built... Now that big business has moved in, we may never get "all this" back.
    Well said, +1

I mean, it’s now November. There aren’t many races even happening anymore. I agree there used to be more video coverage on DoD, but this season has been “unique” to say the least, and the sheer number of races in general was way down. They did add a whole bunch of live coverage of regional stuff this season which, in my opinion, added a ton of value to a subscription.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

These other ppv companies are to blame IMO. They could share highlights and interviews with DoD, which are the ones that started this all for us years ago. I think we almost got spoiled in the earlier years of DoD because they had the market cornered, mainly because they were the only ones doing coverage on the races at all. Companies like speed51 are not going to give away what they want you to pay for unfortunately. I'm already on Flo, dirtvision, and lucas tv. I won't be paying for another live race provider that's going to show races like Richmond last night, it just won't be worth it. I dont think DoD is to blame here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    They have come a long way from the wrapped ford wind star.
    Is that like the FORD AERO STAR. Blackie still has one! 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭
    Last edited by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN; 11-01-2020 at 10:58 AM.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElvxDLDX...name=4096x4096 This is what I was hoping DOD would have a picture of this morning, the tribute cars Tyler Carpenter and Zack Dohm drove at Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    These other ppv companies are to blame IMO. They could share highlights and interviews with DoD, which are the ones that started this all for us years ago. I think we almost got spoiled in the earlier years of DoD because they had the market cornered, mainly because they were the only ones doing coverage on the races at all. Companies like speed51 are not going to give away what they want you to pay for unfortunately. I'm already on Flo, dirtvision, and lucas tv. I won't be paying for another live race provider that's going to show races like Richmond last night, it just won't be worth it. I dont think DoD is to blame here.
    What I think you'll see next season is Flo increasing their LM coverage. They were lacking in this and with the purchase of DoD, I expect it to expand ten fold. There's a lot of events out there that people are interested in that DV/Lucas don't show.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElvxDLDX...name=4096x4096 This is what I was hoping DOD would have a picture of this morning, the tribute cars Tyler Carpenter and Zack Dohm drove at Richmond.
    The other 4b car with the blue nosepiece in that picture was driven by Richie Edwards. He’s used to work for Jackie and brought that car to the track using Jackie’s hauler. Richie had to have his right foot amputated a few years back but can still turn some pretty good laps. Boggs would’ve been proud of all of them last night

Edwards has run good in the steel block class this year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Nicely done tributes. I have no idea why, I wasn’t even a fan of Jackie’s, but it touched me. Him being gone just like that. I always felt he was real good, just didn’t like his driving style.

I for probably the first time, sent the family a couple things through the funeral website, just felt right.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Hey all ... thought I'd drop a note on this one.

There were set to be three ... 10-thousand to win shows this weekend, and we were either LIVE from or had highlights planned for all of them. (Wythe, Richmond, Pike County). (Not counting the Columbus, MS event that in years past we typically wouldn't have had video coverage from being that it wasn't a super late model event).

Wythe rained out, Pike County we had covered, and Richmond we did as well, until we had a shooter's car break down ... the MORNING OF the event! (ugh) ... He was literally on his way. We contacted every one we knew in the area and just couldn't get it covered. And trust me with them paying tribute to Jackie, it broke my heart not to have it.

Sometimes that happens, and it did this past weekend.

For reference, however ... we have covered more events in 2019-2020 ... by 34% than we have any other year. So any idea that our coverage is "less" ... or "not as much" in the past 12 months, or since Flo acquired the company simply isn't correct. Flo owning DoD has absolutely nothing to do with any of it, and they have encouraged DoD to continue doing what made us great! So we will continue to do that.

Hope that clears a few things up, and that everyone is surviving the year!

Michael Rigsby
    DirtonDirt.com/FloRacing

DOD did good, you had Richmond pics up last night. The Air Max/Tyler Carpenter tribute car is going to Charlotte so I'm sure it will get some exposure. Not sure if Dohm is heading there.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    Hey all ... thought I'd drop a note on this one. There were set to be three ... 10-thousand to win shows this weekend, and we were either LIVE from or had highlights planned for all of them. (Wythe, Richmond, Pike County). (Not counting the Columbus, MS event that in years past we typically wouldn't have had video coverage from being that it wasn't a super late model event). Wythe rained out, Pike County we had covered, and Richmond we did as well, until we had a shooter's car break down ... the MORNING OF the event! (ugh) ... He was literally on his way. We contacted every one we knew in the area and just couldn't get it covered. And trust me with them paying tribute to Jackie, it broke my heart not to have it. Sometimes that happens, and it did this past weekend. For reference, however ... we have covered more events in 2019-2020 ... by 34% than we have any other year. So any idea that our coverage is "less" ... or "not as much" in the past 12 months, or since Flo acquired the company simply isn't correct. Flo owning DoD has absolutely nothing to do with any of it, and they have encouraged DoD to continue doing what made us great! So we will continue to do that. Hope that clears a few things up, and that everyone is surviving the year! Michael RigsbyDirtonDirt.com/FloRacing
    Thank you for replying mr Rigsby.I am a fan & customer of dod for the past 5 years.I understand when company's grow change happens.Some change is good & some is bad but all change is made to try & better the company financially & the paying customer.Me as a customer my favorite thing about dod was going to a race in person sat night then waking up sun morning & enjoying 5-10 local,regional or national replays.I am just pointing out what I really enjoyed.I know everybody has different opinions & you can't please everyone but thank you Mr.Rigsby for trying.Your reply shows you truly care about your customers.In lasting I am a huge fan of dod & meant no disrespect.

Is FLO going to have a bias toward Rocket Chassis drivers too? Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Is FLO going to have a bias toward Rocket Chassis drivers too? Asking for a friend...
    What bias do they have ? Its not their fault lucas, woo and the hell tour were dominated by rockets. this is racing what do you want them to do concentrate more on the guy's running 4th on back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    What bias do they have ? Its not their fault lucas, woo and the hell tour were dominated by rockets. this is racing what do you want them to do concentrate more on the guy's running 4th on back?
    I'm guessing that understanding sarcasm isn't one of your major strengths.