Default Best car for steel motor

I am asking opinions on what car would work good in a steel motor class 358 about 600hp I am a big guy 6/4 325 have a xr1 doesn't seem to like the slick but I raced a masterbilt for 6 years and lacking the technical support I was used to scaling and now trying to play catch up on this stuff plus I m a big guy so just not sure xr1 is for me

Nothing wrong with the car you have just need to work on it. Your size is gonna work against you especially in the slick but your gonna struggle with that no matter what car you get. Their is no "steel block" car. We've had literally everything from a crate to a 440 wide bore in the same car and won races with all of it. And to be honest once we had the car where the driver liked it the only real things we changed on our base setup were to accommodate the given rules package we were running on

What do you mean by lacking in the slick?

in the south CVR is really good in crates and steel head but ive seen xr1 wear em out just as much

Our track we run is either heavy n ruff or dusty n slick they can't get it the same so the nights it's heavy thing flies but the night that u hot lap n dust fly I m a back marker it just spins and hangs can't get on the gas at all I have tried 225 rr with 2-4 rubbers 650 loaded to 350 load tryed lower rr bars raised jbar went to a 250 without rubber with rubbers burns the rr tire off the last time I raced track took rubber and it was decent and there are 3 xr1 we all suck and 2 cvr and they struggling just as much the local rocket guys as in parts one is not reliable and over priced and the other one noes nothing just a good used car salesman. Like I said in my first post I ran masterbilt all my career and scaled and did well and now just asking for opinions I m lost 🤣

What tracks are you running?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    in the south CVR is really good in crates and steel head but ive seen xr1 wear em out just as much
    Herringtons been good in both, but alot of that has to do with Brian Green!

Wait, I thought XR1 was the magic pill? Get one and win. It is amusing the two cars that win at that track are old blue/gray rockets.
    Last edited by manwplan; 11-03-2020 at 09:19 AM.

The track the op races at is more like a survival of the fittest kinda place. Most of the guys that win in the reg up their have paid their dues and learned how to drive the place. You really have to know how to time your landing getting into one lol

potts5 I asked mark richards for some help similar to what u are describing and he told me my driver was to big(6ft 2inches 230 pounds) and that I had to much left side percent. his answer was find a different driver or tell driver to go on a keto diet. that there is first class tech help. good luck