Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New track record at Charlotte might certainly make that a priority.

You had to love the announcers talking about seat seperation and wearing of masks. At least 3 times I counted. The grandstands looked like they could have held another 1000 easy and still have room. O well, idiots making calls they have no idea of how many folks could attend.

Yes there was plenty of room but I saw a fair number of morons who weren't doing what they were asking. Took my dad we got there at 5:00. Sat where we normally do about 20 rows up close to the turn one side. There were 3 rows empty above and below us except for one other guy 2 rows down. Then wouldn't you know there was a couple that came in about 7:00 and parked their ass right behind us on the row directly behind us. There was no reason for that at all except they were ignorant.

Let me get this out of the way - we aren't "afraid" to be around other people at all but when there's literally acres of empty seats and you decide to sit directly behind two people when you have the pick of the stands - well - you aren't that smart. Luckily they decided after I turned around and just stared at them for a few seconds to move a row higher.

I think the WOO announcers were just trying to remind everyone of the rules set forth by the State of North Carolina & thankfully that the races were happening! The stands were a ghost town and was depressing for this event.

When we went to the Lucas shows at Port Royal: we were made fun of because we wore our mask. I was very surprised at the DTWC with the amount of fans who kept their masks on after entering the gate.