FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 3, 2020

Tyler Stevens Wraps Up 2020 with Pair of Runner-Ups in the Reaper
Already Preparing for a Big 2021

Searcy, Arkansas (11/03/20) – Tyler Stevens put a wrap on the 2020 season over the weekend with a pair of runner-up finishes in his Stallion Transportation Group No. 2 Level 1 Driving Academy/ W&W Timber / XR1 Rocket Chassis Late Model.

Tyler Stevens and TLP Motorsports trekked south to Mississippi’s Columbus Speedway for the inaugural Reaper. The All Star Racing Series (ASRS) event drew 36 entries to the 1/3-mile, high-banked oval.

In Friday night action, Tyler finished qualified fourth-fastest overall to earn the pole position for the fourth heat race. A victory in the heat transferred him into the $2,000-to-win feature, where he started fourth on the grid. Passing would come at a premium in the preliminary feature, but Stevens still managed to advance to a runner-up finish behind race winner Brandon Williams. Tyler Wood, Christian Hanger, and Jimmy Thomas completed the Top-5 finishers.

On Saturday night the winner’s check was elevated to $10,000 and a second-place finish in his heat race transferred Tyler into the 75-lap main event, where he started sixth. Stevens managed his tires throughout the caution-plagued feature on another challenging track surface before crossing the finish line in the second spot behind Jimmy Thomas. Christian Hanger, Jeremy Shaw, and Tyler Wood rounded out the Top 5.

“We had a solid weekend. On Friday night I got my nose under the leader a few times but didn’t want to risk tearing my car up before Saturday’s big finale,” Stevens said. “We ran second again on Saturday night. Not a win, but still a solid $5,000 payday to wrap up the season. Again, it was a solid weekend with a pair of runner-up finishes against some of the biggest drivers in Crate Late Model racing.

“Thanks to my beautiful wife Lindsey as well as Bradley Stapler for working so hard all weekend long. We are now full speed ahead preparing for 2021. I learned a lot about the Late Model division in a short amount of time this year, and it’s got me really excited about what we can accomplish next season as we pursue more Crate Late Model events in addition to several Super Late Model races.”

Fans can support Tyler and TLP Motorsports by heading over to www.tylerstevensracing.com/gear/ and picking up the brand-new team shirt and hoodie.

TLP Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Stallion Transportation Group, Level 1 Driving Academy, W&W Timber, IRP Racecars, MoBag'$ Suspension Technology, Keyser Manufacturing, Razor Edge Graphics, Cade Dillard Racing, Kyle Tiffee Shelter Insurance Agency, David Leech Construction, Swift Springs, TruForm Race Products, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Ultra-Force Spring Machine, Sneaky Horse Traction Augmentation Ltd., KR Performance Fuels LLC, Velocita USA, Close Racing Supply, AFCO Racing, Team 5 Enterprise, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on TLP Motorsports and Tyler Stevens, please visit www.TylerStevensRacing.com .