Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brandon Overton picks up Wednesday Last Call win in Charlotte

https://insidedirtracing.com/brandon...-in-charlotte/

Overton took the lead early in the going then dominated

That trophy is pretty cool

More Georgia, less Rueben

Kyle Larson the back marker

Rajflyboy, I usually stay out of the nonsense but have to ask.... What did Larson do to you? Big rock hit you in the head off his right rear? Jump the line in front of you at the nacho stand? If you had ever met him or been around him it would be hard to believe you would hate him this much (one of the most modest people I have met). Not trying to turn this into another Larson debate but dam.

I don’t hate Larson and I did buy his Late Model shirt a few months ago. I supported him right away after his poor comment he made during Iracing. I enjoy watching him race. What I hate is the fanboys who put this guy as the best dirt racer of all time. It’s far too soon for this and he is far too young for this. I do think he will make cup racing more excited.

I like ribbing on those fanboys.

Now on to the true meaning of the post- Congrats Brandon! Really cool for me to see, I was around him quite a bit when he was starting out and it is very cool to see the driver he has become.

Post #6

Probably the best post Flyboy has posted since joining 4m in February!

Sucks that they still can’t get that track right even with new dirt. Congrats to Overton, he survived!!!

Yea passing throughout the heat racing was pretty much non existent. Unless of course you used the guy next to you to bounce off. Fell asleep for the feature, thought for sure with T-Mac front row he was going to run away with it but glad to see big sexy win it. If he ever gets the funding to go on tour full time he's going to make a lot of people take notice. I think he could win rookie of the year and the championship in the first year. He is that good.

Overton is my favorite driver this year. Awesome win last night. Kirkpatrick as well. How did he do last night?

Overton is that good!
    Think about his career since he started with late models. He’s been a winner in every ride- even the low $$ funded -1car team when he was on the WOO tour. He overachieved even with that small team. It was sponsored by A Budweiser dealer but wasn’t that well funded. To me- he is proving he can drive & set up and maintain his equipment. David/Eric Wells allow him to keep the equipment and maintain it at his shop and not in Hazard, Ky. I think that was a smart move on the Wells part. It takes more than being a wheelman to win and it’s very apparent that he understands how to set his car up to run up front.

It would be cool to see this team running the Lucas or WOO tour to see how they would stack up for an entire year- but maybe his pick and choose schedule works better?

Were there any one selling any tickets in the parking lot..

There was a lot of passing in the feature. I think the bigger problem in the heats besides it was pretty much throttle down was the lack of cars. They should have just ran 4 heats with Charlotte's track as big as it is. That would have just been around 13-14 cars a heat. Instead we had 6 heats of 9 cars each. And there were a couple of cars in each of those heats that pretty much had very little to no chance of making the race. That was the biggest problem IMO.

Wish they would run 4 heats tonight taking 4 cars each then 2 consis taking 4 cars each and there would be better racing in the heats/consis.

Flyboy
    Kirkpatrick didn’t make the show- flat tires were his gremlins.

^kirkpatrick broke a LR wheel

Thanks for the correction- I wasn’t too far off!

Kind of creepy looking with all those empty seats in the stands! Rolled my tickets over till next year.

Kyle needs to get more comfortable and drive it more like a wing sprint than he is a non wing sprint. Way too yawed out in the feature.
    "The Wise One"