Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ok I'm tossing this out there. Scott, WTF

He gets on track and can't make any laps without issues. I honestly think that without him being able to bounce things off Randy Sweet he is lost. P poor car preparation. They mentioned he was changing motors, well they either found some thing else wrong or they took a beer break half way. He's had to have taken more provisionals than anyone this year but not last night. Go figure.

Painful to watch but I don't think Sweet has any bearing on the matter. Scott's issues are not singular to him. Everyone has the same issues from time to time. His get blown up because of who he is.
    8/13/16

Randy Sweet was not part of Scott Bloomquist Racing for the past 35+ years! He has many demons working against him now & with Sweets passing is one less to deal with. Scott tried to be a Randy Seet Jr. & look where it’s got him!
    Think about it for a few minutes: connect the dots as to the timing of the Sweet/Bloomquist connection and the timeline of Bloomers downhill spiral- it’s not that hard to figure out!

I'm not sure what entails when changing a LM motor at the track but I have changed motors with someone I worked for and have seen it done by others in non LM divisions and usually it takes a few support classes to be able to have time to do it. And do it right. Even if they have two classes running at Charlotte they sometimes run into the 11 pm curfew.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

LOL at the timeline of Bloomquist's spiral. Umm 2018. 3rd in Lucas Points. Bunch of wins, Dream win, Show ME 100 win. Last year he was dealing with a bad shoulder amongst other things. Still didn't have that bad of a year. This year is a write off cause he shouldnt have even started driving till September. Losing Cody was a huge issue. Bigger then anyone could ever imagine. Oh wait, he goes and becomes Owens crew chief and look at the season Owens has. The lack of relevant help and the accident/hip surgery is 85% of the problem. Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't know jack.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Last night (or tonight) Bloomer cannot improve his points standing in WOO.
    Last night he would have had to start on the tail of the b-main & then progress forward. I would assume he could have taken an emergency provisional- but with starting in the rear for 12k- what was the purpose?
    Lanigan chose not to use one- and he dropped from 4th to 5th in points ( and was not that far out of 3rd).

Speaking of Lanigan:
    If I heard the WOO announcers correctly- they said something about him going to Rocket Chasis? If so- I guess the Barry Wright deal is over? Has anyone heard anything?

I think that would be a good move on Lanigan's part. I'm assuming back to own team if true. Would be interesting to see who he would tab as crew chief

Lanigan went to the hospital.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Scotts problems are mostly health related. Hopefully he can focus on rehab and 2021 in the months to come. Maybe not join a tour and wait til April/May and do an "Outlaw" schedule and run where he's good and figure his program out. Wish him well no matter what. He's the biggest draw in LM racing whether you love him or hate him he's good for business when his racing program is on point.

NeedforLMSpeed

Thank you for the Lanigan hospital info- that explains why he chose not to take an emergency provisional.

BirkyTime15B

Health issues are just a small fraction of Scott’s problems-and I will leave it there!

I didn't know if he went before or after the feature. Then I just looked at the results and didn't see him so then he went before the feature then I guess.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Any word on why Lanigan went to the hospital ?

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    I think that would be a good move on Lanigan's part. I'm assuming back to own team if true. Would be interesting to see who he would tab as crew chief
    I don't chassis change will fix his issues.

has bad concussion from last night and wont be racing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Any word on why Lanigan went to the hospital ?
    Complained of headaches after getting into the wall during the heat race
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Sweet has a hindrance to Bloomer? I've heard it all...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MasterBuilt
    Are you referring to my above comment?

DOD now has Ann article about Lanigan. Has a concussion- but no brain bleeding! Left the track this morning & is done for the weekend.

Yes, you said Randy Sweet wasn't an asset to Scott Bloomquist.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I completely disagree. How can hip replacement surgery not be more than a fraction. Thats a major ordeal along with lots of rehab. He should've taken the year off to get fit and lose weight along with his PT. I get it there is other noise going on there.

From a bussiness/racing aspect he definitely was. From a personal/friend (off the track) he definitely wasn’t! Neither are/were saints- but when Scott started running the circuit & trying to be like Sweet in his personal life- it definitely wasn’t what Bloomer needed to be doing. Scott didn’t need to be putting more fuel on the fire.
    Until Scott can come to grips with his personal issues- the racing side will continue to suffer. Trust me on this- I am not just speculating/spreading gossip/rumors.

It is a shame/disgrace as to everything he has accomplished to be in the shape and condition he is currently in. Both personal life and business/racing side. The two are interconnected. Most people remember the way one’s career ends rather than the career itself!
    He has rebounded before from various situations- only time will tell about the current situation!
    I personally- hope he can and does for it would be a shame if he can’t.