Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Track was great for all 3 test that they had. Friday at the short track weekend was rough but the track took rubber...For some reason the track hasnt taken any rubber since last friday. They do bring down the track crew from eldora to work the track for the world finals weekend. Charlotte guys had the track Very Good when they was doing the prep work!

You don't want a track to take rubber

You can over do it with a sheepsfoot to the point of having the surface waterproof and ripe for taking rubber and being slick. And dusty.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I'm hearing last night was the last night with lance landers
    Back to BWRC?

Timmy is always there when it counts.

I went and glad I did. Track was not the best but I will take that over not having a race to attend. Walking around checking out the cars, talking with folks makes it a fun time for me. Only negative was the program was in turbo speed with about 5 minutes between qualifying, heats, consi and feature. Barely enough time to visit the john and grab a beverage. Next year I hope they have one support class to slow things down a bit. Maybe crate late models.

A fast track with today's equipment being what it is equals, BORING follow the leader racing. Do set ups mean something, not really, a fast car is a car that is on the loose side. Tires mean everything. Aero means everything.

For there to be good racing you need to have the track slick off so that you can have 2 or more grooves. Then set up means everything. Do you set up to run the top hammer down and bang it off the cushion or do you finesse them and run the bottom.

I'll take the track that slicks off. I want to see the combo of driver and crew making the car go fast not who has the biggest horse under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    A fast track with today's equipment being what it is equals, BORING follow the leader racing. Do set ups mean something, not really, a fast car is a car that is on the loose side. Tires mean everything. Aero means everything.

For there to be good racing you need to have the track slick off so that you can have 2 or more grooves. Then set up means everything. Do you set up to run the top hammer down and bang it off the cushion or do you finesse them and run the bottom.

I'll take the track that slicks off. I want to see the combo of driver and crew making the car go fast not who has the biggest horse under the hood
    Just one groove usually, unless you cross your eyes. hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I was there for both nights of late models and that dust was really bad in the feature with more cars on the track. Tonight I watched the Dirtvision coverage of the sprint feature and it was awful. I don't think you would have been able to see anything much at all. They better get a handle on that much dust because if you can't see the track why go?

Literally there were many times in the two late model features I couldn't see anything at all from about the entry of turn 3 to near the start finish line.

I just watched the highlights of the Sprints and it didn't seem to be that bad until about 10 laps to go. Might suck for the fans at times but it is dirt track racing.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Shame teams and fans cry when track not slick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Well. They want NASCAR tracks
    A little slick with a nice cushion, not taking rubber. I used to be of the heavy, foot to the floor style, but anymore, a nice in between.

No one wants NASCAR tracks, not even NASCAR.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    A little slick with a nice cushion, not taking rubber. I used to be of the heavy, foot to the floor style, but anymore, a nice in between.No one wants NASCAR tracks, not even NASCAR.
    Good one 👍. I like having a cushion. Not much of a cushion at the Eldora truck race = why I quit watching it a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Good one . I like having a cushion. Not much of a cushion at the Eldora truck race = why I quit watching it a few years ago.
    I watched the first one on I think Speed maybe, f that. Terrible.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I'm hearing last night was the last night with lance landers
    Davenport refutes that statement - https://twitter.com/TheFast49/status...953807874?s=20

I watched the first one on I think Speed maybe, f that. Terrible.
    Yes they were better off w old surface but how did they know🤔

I definitely will say the track was worse tonight than last night. Did they get that chit from the Sahara desert?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    Yes they were better off w old surface but how did they know樂
    I was talking about the first truck race at Eldora. Charlotte is notorious for being rough, no matter what.

I was talking about the first truck race at Eldora. Charlotte is notorious for being rough, no matter what.
    Yea my bad I was talking about the horrible dust problem