Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jonathan Davenport

Hearing rumors the he and Lance Landers may be splitting, and that Jared Landers is gonna run a partial schedule for that team in 2021? Anyone have any info?

Hearing that Lance Landers is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

So who would JD drive for next year?

Don’t know anything about Davenport- but Lucas announcers said at the DTWC that Landers would be running about 20 racing next year. Nutrian Ag (Lance Landers Primary Sponsor is getting really big in NASCAR sponsorship lately. Some Rumors become facts- time will tell here. 3year honeymoon with the “super team” over? Lanigan and Barry Wright splitting?
    For me: if Jared does reunite with his Dad’s team for ?? Races- awesome! Maybe they have mended some fences! I have nothing whatsoever against Davenport but I could personally not pull for that team after Lance pulled Jared (his flesh & blood) out and put millions of dollars into supplying Jonathan with the best of the best! I know there is much we don’t know about the father/son split - but come on guys: Do the right thing, bury the hatchet and go racing together as family! Many people would love that situation and life is short!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Hearing rumors the he and Lance Landers may be splitting, and that Jared Landers is gonna run a partial schedule for that team in 2021? Anyone have any info?
    That would be like pulling Sheppy out of the R#1 and putting Brent Larson in the seat. Pretty sure dad new what he was doing when he made that driver switch years back.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That would be like pulling Sheppy out of the R#1 and putting Brent Larson in the seat. Pretty sure dad new what he was doing when he made that driver switch years back.
    Naaaa. It would be more like putting Austin Dillon in the seat.

I.E Lanigan/Wright split: Barry had his driver last year and screwed him over (TWICE)
    -Adam Conners

Quote Originally Posted by adamconners View Post
    I.E Lanigan/Wright split: Barry had his driver last year and screwed him over (TWICE)
    Agreed....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

DOD article this morning: Lanigan and Viper Motorsports leaving Barry Wright to return to Lanigans shop in Union ,Ky using Rocket Chasis and Clements Racing Engines. Logan Martin to be crew chief.

If Davenport splits with Landers so he can join Barry Wright... again.... for like the 4th time... it would be possibly the dumbest move in Late model racing... maybe ever! Lance has given EVERYTHING to Davenport... and Barry keeps coming back around like an old girlfriend trying to get her Hoodie. As a fan of JD’s, this starts to make me believe that Davenport will never be happy. He will go to BWRC and struggle and then he will be whining about being better than he has showed and then he will leave BWRC and probably swindle someone else into starting a big team. I just don’t understand why he keeps going back to BWRC’s like a sad sad puppy...

You could tell the last 2 months or so JD hasn’t given a crap about racing for Landers. I just don’t think BW is the god that people in the south claim him to be... it seems like his cars are absolutly horrible until he can copy someone’s car and go from there, which we are all pretty sure he did when he got ahold of Maddens longhorn’s and the other few times he magically has a resurgence!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    DOD article this morning: Lanigan and Viper Motorsports leaving Barry Wright to return to Lanigans shop in Union ,Ky using Rocket Chasis and Clements Racing Engines. Logan Martin to be crew chief.
    Adam Logan... not Logan Martin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Sadly, when Jared had that bad neck injury, he was right there. Running very well. As good as JD was this year or better.

But, that was I think 6 years ago(wow), and he hasn’t raced much at all since then. I don’t know of a good comparison, I think Larson is a little harsh lol.

Though Jared should be back with his Dad, and if JD ain’t happy, best to move on. Jared got boned hard last time, though I understand his Dads reasoning.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thanks for the crew chief correction- I was switching back and forth while typing & I am old!

I can honestly see that Davenport would be going back to Barry Wright. His kid is getting older and the trials of the road make it tough for a family.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    I can honestly see that Davenport would be going back to Barry Wright. His kid is getting older and the trials of the road make it tough for a family.
    Yes indeed. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    So who would JD drive for next year?
    Bloomquist.

JD trying to copy Madden
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Where does the money come from, to fund this effort?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MasterSbuilt

Which effort are you referring to-Lance Landers or a potential switch by Davenport?

TeNfOMaFiA69

If Davenport splits with Landers so he can join Barry Wright... again.... for like the 4th time... it would be possibly the dumbest move in Late model racing... maybe ever!

Who says it's JD's choosing to leave landers?