Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Anyone know if someone actually got shot? They said on the HTF video someone (s) were getting arrested by their trailer.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

to post # 47 , obviously yall never saw heitt race when he was young , he destroyed many a car , like they say , karma will get you sooner or later ......

For those wondering if Martin "misjudged" or made a "mistake"... he interviewed with Dewayne in his trailer after the races and said he meant to dump Hiett. Said he would even wreck his mom for $15,000 and also meant to run over the car in the crate class too. He probably won't like how he gets raced from now on.

FFS, I went to bed and missed all that!?!?!??!?

I don't think DoD even knows how many cars were there. If you look at the picture section from Saturday it says 22. Then it says 23. If you read the racewire it says 23. The results they show from Sunday has 24. It shows Adam Thrush finishing 24th but he wasn't in the original lineup.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Every year when this race is on PPV I duck in and out all weekend and I just can't believe this place is real life. It has to be the worst run track in the country. Its like a trainwreck, you just can't look away because of the entertainment factor. Some of the "entertainment" this weekend;

- The wrecker pulling front bumper off a car in gear
    - Saturday night cop car after cop car with lights on in the pits
    - Seemingly every race having at least one on track altercation (most of the time more)
    - The flagman waving the caution flag the entire time they are under yellow ALL weekend
    - The track announcers should have had their mics muted at least during the Super feature, some of the stupidest comments I have ever heard including repeatedly referring to the National 100 as a crown jewel to the one guy yelling "TROUBLE" at the top of his lungs when someone has a flat tire.
    - Joseph Joiner breaking on Friday and just sitting on the front stretch for like 10 minutes with no push truck or wrecker to be found.

I LOVE racing but how could anyone sit through 12+ hours of racing each day like that when the track is top dominant and there is hardly any passing? BRUTAL
    That’s why it’s known as the 72 Hours of Phenix City. This race is a goat rope every year. The run everything but lawnmowers and broom stick horses.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

We’ve seen this kid race quite a few times, since he and his family are sort of local (his parents operate Cochran Speedway). I’ll just say, we won’t ever be buying any of their shirts, and it has nothing to do with his latest antics.

For what little video I heard it sounded like Dewayne Keith and Wesley Outland were 2 of the announcers, is this correct?

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

TerryM, I think I know what you are referencing. I did a little digging and saw a disturbing news story on his dad.

Hell I’m not afraid to post it...

https://41nbc.com/2020/02/07/milledg...exual-battery/

These are your owners of Cochran Motor Speedway.... and parents of Parker Martin

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    For those wondering if Martin "misjudged" or made a "mistake"... he interviewed with Dewayne in his trailer after the races and said he meant to dump Hiett. Said he would even wreck his mom for $15,000 and also meant to run over the car in the crate class too. He probably won't like how he gets raced from now on.
    Man, if he said that crap, then yeah, he deserves to be dumped. And in a couple years that butt whoopin.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Link doesn’t work Ernie
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

But if you Google the Dad you find it.

WOW, maybe they should run that sh*t hole too. Some watched, but can you imagine being there as a competitor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    For what little video I heard it sounded like Dewayne Keith and Wesley Outland were 2 of the announcers, is this correct?

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    DK and WO were two of four announcers. During the. show, they drug up a "junior Flagman" and a "Junior Announcer" too.

I take back what I said after reading the DoD write up. That kid, Jesus, that mouth. Some parents he has.

You didn’t have the car to win, at the end, Jason Hiett did, he had fresher, softer rubber, and he didn’t overdrive the turn. You blew the turn, he passed you clean, and you admittedly punted him. And that is not racing, that’s being a sh!thead. And deserves to be punted till he learns his lesson.

Eddie Carrier Jr raced Owens clean for the World 100, I think you can run a guy clean, as he did you, for a used to be prestigious marathon.

I just hope i'm there to see him get what he has coming on the track and just hopefull that dad gets the a@@ beating that the kid deserves. Maybe it'll happen Thanksgiving weekend at his daddy's track, I know some of those folks would love to see it too. Until that happens, the kid will not change his style.

I couldn't believe that interview, its like he was in lala land thinking he had the best car all night. Wild really, shame on his parents!

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I couldn't believe that interview, its like he was in lala land thinking he had the best car all night. Wild really, shame on his parents!
    No doubt. Buddy, you overdrove the car like crazy. Had you not, it might have been interesting. Instead, you stepped on your acorns, and then drove through the guy who did not.