Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Tyler Carpenter & James Rice - AirMax Motorsports in 2021!

Tyler Carpenter & James Rice

Big announcement... Tyler Carpenter and James Rice will both drive for AirMax Motorsports in 2021!

-

James Rice On his Facebook page

James Rice
    1h ·
    Robert Starett dropped the news... super pumped for next year and for the opportunity to drive for for Robert and Joey and AirMax Motorsports. Two of the best people in racing. I can’t wait thank you guys.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Good to hear, couple young guys getting a shot.

Tyler looks awful good👍 Very exciting last night at Lancaster and again tonight at Carolina.

Who’s AirMax motorsports?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Airmax is the name of Staretts business, (airmax heating and cooling.) It's a fairly new team. He has drove for himself some for the last couple years in the southern Ohio region.

I dunno if jumping in with two cars is the right thing right off the bat. I’m happy for Tyler, but adding James too the fold too. The money it’ll take to run two teams, when you’ve only been small scale, dang.

Good luck though, I like Tyler, and James has talent.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Agreed. Maybe it just means he gives James a car to go do what he wants with it?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Biggest detriment both of those driver's had was in the engine department. Think Rice was running an engine out of a modified all fall. Tyler's engine woes have been around for years. You don't have to have a mega $$$ wide bore to run in the Ohio Valley-Eastern Kentucky area, just something reliable that hasn't had way too many rebuilds on it. Maybe Zack Dohm will have a little competition next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Biggest detriment both of those driver's had was in the engine department. Think Rice was running an engine out of a modified all fall. Tyler's engine woes have been around for years. You don't have to have a mega $$$ wide bore to run in the Ohio Valley-Eastern Kentucky area, just something reliable that hasn't had way too many rebuilds on it. Maybe Zack Dohm will have a little competition next year.
    I think it was Josh Rice that was running the steel block all fall.

WVMS requires a mega $$$ wide bore motor and then some.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Agreed. Maybe it just means he gives James a car to go do what he wants with it?
    I seem to think thats how its going to be. I know you have seen the young Snell boy they sponsor, they've claimed him as a "team driver." I feel like James is going to have the support, but Tyler is going to the main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    WVMS requires a mega $$$ wide bore motor and then some.
    Haven't seen WVMS announce a WOO or Lucas event where most of those big motors exist. I have seen crates and mods race at WVMS. If it makes you happy I'll correct my statement to say 99% of the tracks in that area don't require a monster motor.

You are speaking about Josh Rice. He has 2 legit super engines. But, they were not ready to go.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I seem to think thats how its going to be. I know you have seen the young Snell boy they sponsor, they've claimed him as a "team driver." I feel like James is going to have the support, but Tyler is going to the main focus.
    There’s a $30,000 to win unsanctioned at WVMS next year. Also an $8k already scheduled.

Quoted wrong person. Meant to quote Bleedblue

I knew what ya meant man lol. I agree on not needing a huge motor.

But, it’s still a lot of cash to run two supers and to run them correctly to contend for wins.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Quoted wrong person. Meant to quote Bleedblue
    I'm aware of what they have scheduled, I didn't bring WVMS into the thread.

I'm aware of what they have scheduled, I didn't bring WVMS into the thread.
    Ok then what was the relevance of your post saying Lucas or Woo doesn’t have an event scheduled at WVMS. Made no sense.

I was answering someone

Big GOAT dollars