Default The End Of An Era........

Jimmie Kenneth Johnson closed out his full time NASCAR Cup career at Phoenix on Nov. 8, 2020 with a solid 5th place finish. 83 Cup wins, 7 Cup Championships (5 in a row) and more class, dignity, humility and manners than NASCAR Cup racing has ever seen from it's champions. It shows that good, moral people with character can still succeed at the top levels of auto racing.............or any sport, for that matter.

Not only is Jimmie one of the greatest stock car drivers of all time auto racing as a whole is better for having Jimmie involved, the whole world is better for Jimmie being the quality human being he truly is.

Thanks for being who you are, JJ. Good luck in whatever you do the rest of your life!

He is a class act act wasn’t always the preference of NASCAR fans. Drove for a great organization and crew chief, not sure he got the accolades he deserved as a driver.
    I hate time trials.

RIPWas in charge when fan base was greatly reduced.

I couldn't agree more, kazual. JJ had an incredible run from around 2004 through 2016 that had him the most dominant single figure of anyone in any sport during that time period. Naturally JJ's run of wins and championships doesn't match what John Wooden's UCLA teams did in college basketball or the Red Auerbach Celtics teams in pro basketball but JJ's run definitely is the greatest in all of big time American auto racing history.

Jimmie's career was more dominant than The King's or David Pearson's. Those two are considered by most to be at the very top of list of drivers who are in the conversation of who's the GOAT.

JJ also was one of the most under appreciated champions of all time in any sport. I firmly believe that the under appreciation was because he was such a classy and humble human being. Lets face it, a lot of people gravitate and enjoy supporting total a$$holes. What that says about them I'll let you be the judge. There are even a couple who post here.

JJ was actually hated for being so good and such a good and decent person. I can understand him being hated for winning too much, that is human nature, but I'll never quite come to grips as to why anyone would hate a guy for being a good person with a solid character!