Default 2020 Season in Review

As the 2020 racing season is winding down, let's hear your racing experiences from the year. As little or as much as you want to share. Were you able to attend in person? If so, where, how often? Any good stories made?

I had shoulder surgery early spring and was off work for three months. My wife got tired of me real quick, so she said go. I travelled to 14 tracks in 9 different states. Not once did I see any real restrictions at any of the tracks I went to. Some were more cautious than others. I did what I had to do to protect myself. After all, it's up to each and every one of us to protect ourselves. All in all, it was a great summer for racing. One takeaway I got was nothing is better than my home track of Florence Speedway. Sure, the weekly shows aren't what they once were, but to me, it's good to be home!!!

John boy I'd say she is a keeper. Mine would have said wait you forgot a suitcase

2020. Hummm ! Man with many many screen names ruler of 4m. Man who had hip issue carries big mirror and likes looking at himself. Over and over. The real superman may live in Illinois, not Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    As the 2020 racing season is winding down, let's hear your racing experiences from the year. As little or as much as you want to share. Were you able to attend in person? If so, where, how often? Any good stories made?

Started with a week at East Bay & Volusia, and a couple other spring events, including West Plains (Legit)...

Then Covid junk tried messing up about everything... However.

Missed out on being at the Dream, but was able to watch on FLO with my normal group... Same with the World.
    Attended 2 great events at Cedar Lake, with the 4th of July WoO double header and USA Nationals.
    Knoxville cancelled, so we all drove out to I-80... Very cool event for our first time visit.
    Then was able to get to a couple "Bucket List" tracks off my list, by being at Lucas Oil Speedway and FALS on back to back nights.

So Covid messed up a lot, but still was able to get to plenty of great events.

When there is a will, there is a way.
    Last edited by Big Daddy 37; 11-11-2020 at 12:01 PM.

I have not consistently supported a weekly show for a number of years, but that changed this year. My local track moved to Wednesday nights and ran an abbreviated weekly season (4 or 5 nights of 4 classes each). I'll be honest, it was quite enjoyable and I hope to support those events next season. I was also fortunate to attend three other tracks with events including Lucas Oil LM, WoO Sprint, IndyCar and Xfinity Series. In all, I saw racing at four tracks for a total of 11 races.

I only went to 3 races this year, by far the lowest amount in a long time. Watched a lot of racing on Flo, Lucas, and DirtVision summer nationals. Can't wait to get back to a normal race routine next season.

Attended about the same as in years past. Hell Tour took off a little later than usual but still got to quite a few. Made the trip to FALS 8 times which is a all time high for me.
    8/13/16

I ended up with 37 shows at 16 tracks in four states (IA MN WI IL)...Lansing - 6, Davenport - 6, Fairmont - 4, Independence - 3, Fountain City - 3, Deer Creek - 3, Mason City - 2, Donnellson - 2, Britt, Jackson, Marshalltown, West Union, Farley, Dubuque, Webster City, East Moline - 1. Saw many good shows with awesome weather almost all season. Highlight of my year was witnessing ageless Gary Webb pick up feature win number 520 at East Moline on August 23rd.

I'd say probably 25-30 races for me this year. Pittsburgh, lernerville, Sharon, Wayne county, eriez, Latrobe, roaring knob, thunder mountain and port royal.
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 11-11-2020 at 07:14 PM.

i made 8 races(1 in my home state iowa,3 in missouri,4 in nebraska).best race i saw was the finale of the I80 nationals which saw T-mac pass the newport nightmare for the win! also made it to 1 new track-moberly mo. hoping to get to the turkey bowl in springfield mo. in a few weeks.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

I got to attend the few races at my home track this year as a sponser. I was surprised to find out that one of my favourite drivers from childhood (85-89) was back in the sport in a Modified. I got the promoter to give him my contact info and paid for his registration the rest of the year.

I thought the early streaming and " late model night in America" stuff was magical.......it really did all of us some good to see that during that time....nice job fellas.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I got to attend the few races at my home track this year as a sponser. I was surprised to find out that one of my favourite drivers from childhood (85-89) was back in the sport in a Modified. I got the promoter to give him my contact info and paid for his registration the rest of the year.
    Badass.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My tv got a work out. Does that count ?