Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    The track seems to have a good surface that stays consistent for all the prelim and main event nights. Put supers on it with wide soft tires and aero, will it change the surface for the other classes for the worse?
    I take it this is the first time youve seen the track?

This year is by far the best surface its ever had by many many miles, ALL previous years its been worse than a corn field....

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    If Late Models are apart of it next year, they will be IMCA late models... they have nothing to do with him
    Can't wait to see if your proven wrong. Again...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I know it will be great to see SLM run the Duel in the Desert , but I feel for the mod racers who have made the event World Class. It will almost be like the mod racers becoming second class citizens at their own event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I know it will be great to see SLM run the Duel in the Desert , but I feel for the mod racers who have made the event World Class. It will almost be like the mod racers becoming second class citizens at their own event.
    ^^^ truth^^^

Wonder where the SLM class will draw cars from. California has zero tracks that run them. Ditto Nevada and Arizona has only a small pocket of them. It'll have to pay pretty well to get many to travel to Vegas and as much as I like LM's I have to agree with ModRunner.

So how did bloomer do at the craps table?

There reaching for straws. I don't see many teams towing to Vegas. Fuel and tire bill is going to be 10 grand alone.

People said that about Arizona and New Mexico and now look....
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    People said that about Arizona and New Mexico and now look....
    The promoting for those events are stellar......can only imagine the behind the scene time it takes for all of that to come together.

i wish they would rethink the slm thing and just leave it to the mods.....they seem to kill that every year.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The promoting for those events are stellar......can only imagine the behind the scene time it takes for all of that to come together.

i wish they would rethink the slm thing and just leave it to the mods.....they seem to kill that every year.
    If they want to get cars to come I'm sure they know they'll need to pull something off.

Wasn't that Jim Morrison in Wayne's World that said "If you book them, they will come."
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 11-16-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

477 cars were there for sportmods, stock cars and modifieds they most likely had cars from every state or near that.

You guys are saying the late model guys cant afford to tow out there? Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    477 cars were there for sportmods, stock cars and modifieds they most likely had cars from every state or near that.

You guys are saying the late model guys cant afford to tow out there? Interesting
    Yes late model guys can afford to tow out there. The question is will they? If so how much will the purse be?