Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FloSports Inks 10 Year Deal To Broadcast Chili Bowl Midget Nationals

Great news for dirt racing fans. The biggest and best dirt event of the year, The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals, will be broadcast live as part of a 10 year deal awarded to FloRacing. Those that can't be in Tulsa to attend in person will have all 5 prelim nights and the alphabet soup up to the Saturday night C-mains available to watch live starting in January of 2021.

https://www.floracing.com/articles/6...s-to-flosports

Will it still be on MAV TV as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Will it still be on MAV TV as well?
    Yes. I should have included that info in post #1.

The Saturday night C-main's, B-main and the A-main finale' will be on MavTV just as they have been the past 3 or 4 years. Everything on Saturday leading up to the C's, B and A will be broadcast on FloRacing. In the past they've started racing at 10:00 AM Saturday morning with the O-main's which makes for a very long morning/afternoon/evening of midget racing. I really don't know for sure how many time Stewart reworks the track on Saturday since we normally don't get to our seats until around 2:00-2:30 PM. They completely rework the track prior to the Saturday C-mains and again prior to the A-main finale'.

Great So I can turn it on around 1130 on the Saturday night after Tony rebuilds the track for 2 hours and I can watch the 15 minute race and watch a Keith Kunz car win the race. Out freaking standing 

We've attended many CB's over the years and it never has taken Stewart (or whoever was doing the track prep) 2 hours to complete the track prep and the Saturday night A-main had NEVER ended later than 11:30 PM, let alone started at 11:30 PM.

Chili Bowl is the best run, most entertaining ,most prestigious and biggest dirt show we've ever attended. Been to over 20 World Hundreds, several Dream's, 10 or 11 4 Crown Nationals, 3 or 4 DTWC's when it was run at Pennsboro and a bunch of other big shows too numerous to mention. NONE compare to The Chili Bowl.

Not sure just how long it takes to run the 55 but it's almost always the most exciting and entertaining 55 laps of the whole year.

Also not sure if you're typing just to see yourself type or if you just don't know what you're talking about but either way you're not helping you image as being badly misinformed.

I tried to watch it last year. Track prep was way too long. feature did not start until 1130 or later eastern time. I want a dirt track not some perfectly groomed dirt/paved track. Take the dirt out and run on concrete if that’s what you want. Not a good made for TV event in my opinion. May be better in person.

I’m happy it will be streamed. Many will really enjoy that 👍. I’m just not a big big fan of this event any more myself.

So, it started at 11:30 PM EST. I don't see your problem. Should Emmett & Co. schedule everything according to eastern time? I don't think so. The racing is completed at a reasonable hour in the time zone in which Tulsa is located. If you can't stay awake or need to get to sleep for work on Sunday then DVR it and watch it at a later date. Don't blame the time zones for your circumstances. And, Stewart may be an A-hole but he knows how to prepare Tulsa Expo Speedway and he gets it done in an expeditious manner. Watched him do it many times.

Questions: How many Chili Bowl Midget Nationals have you attended? You once was a fan of it but now your not? Did you lose your liking due to the MavTV broadcast. That seems unlikely since 2021 will be only the 4th year that MavTV has broadcast it live. Did you come to dislike it in just 3 years, or what? LOL!

I have watched the chili bowl on TV since 2002. I believe that was on ESPN and Stewart won that. May have been tape delayed a day or so. I have young kids so I’m not staying up till 1200 midnight or later. Sorry.

If Kevin was still able to race I’d stay up. That’s about the only way I’d watch.

Kevin who?

You didn't watch it live on any network broadcast until MavTV started their live broadcasts of the C's, B & A main's in 2018. I don't ever remember Chili Bowl being shown tape delay on ESPN. I could be wrong but I doubt it. CB was shown live just one year on a "closed circuit" broadcast that was not available to the general public. The closed circuit deal was way back but I don't remember what year. A group of us drove to Joliet, Illinois and watched it at an American Legion post up there that had bought the viewing rights and sold a limited number of tickets to the public.

Like I said, DVR it and watch it later or better yet, move you and the kids to the central time zone. Problem solved. It's worth it. Besides, if you're a dirt late model freak there is no better place to live than Central Illinois for DLM racing.

The Chili Bowl is simply the best dirt racing of any kind of the whole year, with or without "Kevin"............ whoever that is.

CIRF. WTF. At this point I’d say you don’t know much about the chili bowl. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Swindell

Never said I was a Chili Bowl expert. I just know it's dam good racing whether "Kevin" is there or not!

If you had said Kevin Swindell I'd have known exactly who you were talking about. I don't do real good with common names but no last name. There are a lot of Kevin's out there and there are several that drive midgets. LOL!

As I said, I personally don't remember The Chili Bowl being shown tape delay on ESPN but I reckon I was incorrect. Sorry! LOL! I'm 99% sure it was never shown live on ESPN.

Have you considered moving to the Central Time Zone yet? Good late model racing and you won't have to keep your kids up too late to watch The Chili Bowl! Besides that Illinois needs some people to move here. Most are moving out! LOL!

I like the southeast. No Midwest for me. Me and the word landlocked do not co exist 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I like the southeast. No Midwest for me. Me and the word landlocked do not co exist 
    We totally understand. Over the years we've spent a lot of time in the southeastern U.S., still do. Like it there and when our working days are over we intend to live full time down there, or at least that's the plan at this point. Those days are a long way off and you never know how it's going to pan out.

It's just that you can't piss & moan/downgrade the event due to how late the televised event ends when you're in a time zone that is an hour ahead of where the live event is originating from. It's not the fault of the event, it's your fault for where you choose to live your life. Capiche?!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    We totally understand. Over the years we've spent a lot of time in the southeastern U.S., still do. Like it there and when our working days are over we intend to live full time down there, or at least that's the plan at this point. Those days are a long way off and you never know how it's going to pan out.It's just that you can't piss & moan/downgrade the event due to how late the televised event ends when you're in a time zone that is an hour ahead of where the live event is originating from. It's not the fault of the event, it's your fault for where you choose to live your life. Capiche?!
    Well. If Stewart kept it groomed like a dirt track and didn’t jack with it the race would be done well before midnight eastern. People have other sh@t they must do in their lives. 😜

Pretty disappointed you did not know who Kevin was. He is chili bowl royalty.

I would think watching it a day or two after on Flo would be a great way to see the chili bowl. That will make it more tv friendly
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 11-13-2020 at 01:08 PM.