Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stewart keeps it groomed just fine. He does a very good job with track prep. It's a safe bet he is substantially better than you are at track prep.

Live network television is the reason The Chili has run so late the past 3 years. Blame them, not Stewart. It's over 2 hours after the second D-main is concluded before the first C-main is pushed off and it's another hour or more after the B-main is over that the A-main is pushed off. All this delay is due to television. I know. I was there prior to MavTV broadcasting it live and there were no substantial delays other than short track prep sessions. But, I'd rather it be on live TV with delays for those of us in the stands than not on TV at all.

I know who Kevin Swindell is and what he's accomplished in Tulsa. I don't know who Kevin is unless Swindell is also used to identify him. "Kevin" could be any number of people that you like and are interested in. I can't read your mind, although it wouldn't take long if I could! LOL!

I reckon watching a tape delay broadcast is better than not having an opportunity to watch it at all. Especially for you folks that are too busy at 11 PM. LOL!

Take my word for this, being there is by far the best way to experience it. Give it a try. I'd be surprised if you didn't agree!

I’d like to go once. Absolutely.

If you're like most people, once you experience The Chili Bowl you'll crave going to Tulsa every January! I've been going to dirt races since I was 8 years old and I've never experienced any dirt event that compares. Period!

https://www.floracing.com/events/681...18976&limit=60

I have been to all except 2 Chili Bowls. I did not attend the first year even though I lived in Tulsa at the time. We moved out of state the next year but I have only missed one since then. Being primarily a follower of Late Model event I have said for years the Chili Bowl is the best event I attend every year. Unfortunately I will miss the upcoming event. I agree it is nowhere near as good on TV but what race is?

Good point Jimbo 👍

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    I have been to all except 2 Chili Bowls. I did not attend the first year even though I lived in Tulsa at the time. We moved out of state the next year but I have only missed one since then. Being primarily a follower of Late Model event I have said for years the Chili Bowl is the best event I attend every year. Unfortunately I will miss the upcoming event. I agree it is nowhere near as good on TV but what race is?
    I totally agree, JimBo.

It's amazing that something over 80% of all the tickets sold for The Chili Bowl are sold to buyers outside the state of Oklahoma.

Our friends from whom we get our tickets live in Tulsa and have been to every Chili Bowl. My buddy who owns the tickets asked one of the people who run the ticket system a few years ago how many people have maximum attendance seniority and he was told it is less than 300 tickets.

My first CB was 1997 which was 10 years after the first one and even then, after I had once experienced it, I wondered why the hell I waited so long. The biggest dirt event we'd attended up until then was the World Hundred and at that time the World was probably bigger but no more. No comparison these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I totally agree, JimBo.It's amazing that something over 80% of all the tickets sold for The Chili Bowl are sold to buyers outside the state of Oklahoma.Our friends from whom we get our tickets live in Tulsa and have been to every Chili Bowl. My buddy who owns the tickets asked one of the people who run the ticket system a few years ago how many people have maximum attendance seniority and he was told it is less than 300 tickets.My first CB was 1997 which was 10 years after the first one and even then, after I had once experienced it, I wondered why the hell I waited so long. The biggest dirt event we'd attended up until then was the World Hundred and at that time the World was probably bigger but no more. No comparison these days.
    Just do a little studying on who wins Chili Bowls. Kevin has like 3 or 4 wins. You were there for all of them. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Just do a little studying on who wins Chili Bowls. Kevin has like 3 or 4 wins. You were there for all of them. 
    WHAT is your point, and WHO is Kevin, does he have a last name? LOLOL!