Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unfortunately I just don't see it happening until I guy gets trapped because of the bodies. I feel there's enough room to open the interior around the driver so he'd have a way to get out.

What kind of lap times do you think a modern SLM would register if they ran clockwise instead? 2-3 seconds slower? More?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Unfortunately I just don't see it happening until I guy gets trapped because of the bodies. I feel there's enough room to open the interior around the driver so he'd have a way to get out.
    The seat and HANS is way more of an issue than the body. They actually have a higher roof than they used to. That helps.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The seat and HANS is way more of an issue than the body. They actually have a higher roof than they used to. That helps.
    If they got the decks back down to 36” and flat they’d gave even more room.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

MastersBuilt, I agree with these high sided head restraints the seats do pose a problem. As for the Hans device wonce you get the belts off them you pretty much have freedom of movement. The bodies and interiors keep a driver limited to a small window for an escape route. Aero is a huge problem in many different classes today if a driver has to get out quickly.

If you watch any NHRA funny cars they have those roof panels that open. Why the late model and NE modifieds don't use one is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    MastersBuilt, I agree with these high sided head restraints the seats do pose a problem. As for the Hans device wonce you get the belts off them you pretty much have freedom of movement. The bodies and interiors keep a driver limited to a small window for an escape route. Aero is a huge problem in many different classes today if a driver has to get out quickly.

If you watch any NHRA funny cars they have those roof panels that open. Why the late model and NE modifieds don't use one is beyond me.
    Big block mods have bars that brace the top of the cage. A flap would be useless.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!