Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Maddens Bloomquist car for sale

If I was stinkin' rich, I'd buy stuff like this and open my own museum. https://rrw.sprocketlist.com/Late-Mo...8&np_offset=43

Been awhile since I have followed ads and bought race cars. Is it common these days for sellers to call a car that comes with no engine and no seat "race ready"?

From the add itself:

"Reason for Selling: building all new cars for 2021

New Body: will put one on for reasonable price at buyer request.

Car was clipped in Feb after Vado win due to continuous bottoming out. Fought droop limiter rule early part of the year. Almost won first night out with new clip with WoO at Smoky Mountain until oil pump broke leading at half way. Several great runs including Eldora, Davenport, Jackson and I-80."

^^^ I found that interesting...

Was the droop rule in place at Vado? Correct me if I'm wrong, but would limiting droop partly prevent the front from bottoming out?

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    Been awhile since I have followed ads and bought race cars. Is it common these days for sellers to call a car that comes with no engine and no seat "race ready"?
    yeah, that's a little odd.

All seats are custom fit now so that's not that unusual.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Was the droop rule in place at Vado? Correct me if I'm wrong, but would limiting droop partly prevent the front from bottoming out?
    Droop rule came in after Vado.

Same car NEW. $70,000 are they nutz ? Clipped because it kept bottoming out, poor design work, so did they have to clip the other cars built to those specs also ? Can't say I'd be willing to tell people that.

At least they're honest. I like looking on racingjunk seeing whats there. Saw that one awhile back. Cool to look at but don't see myself buying one of those.

I'm in Canada where people ask for $18,000 for a 2012 Orange front crate. I like seeing all the great deals and daydream about smuggling them up here.

70k for a Bloomer car is absurd. It’s no wonder that they don’t sell any cars.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Same car NEW. $70,000 are they nutz ? Clipped because it kept bottoming out, poor design work, so did they have to clip the other cars built to those specs also ? Can't say I'd be willing to tell people that.
    Bloomers cars have had a rough time with the droop rule. They have worked on fixing that... Common knowledge.

Remember these are asking prices. If you have the means to go big time racing and have a good chassis man available one of these cars may be the answer....just not sure what the question is!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Whats an XR1 with no motor or seat gonna cost?

His price on cars has been the same for at least 10 years now, cause back in 2011 a used car (gone thru by bloomer) was 38K and a new one was 68K. Most cars have went up 5 to 10K for a roller over that time. Then you also had Scott's rule you have to buy 2, but could be a used one and new one or a combo of whatever

Scott's rule !!! I like that, 70K is still absurd. I think a new xr-1 roller is like 40K

Krooser question was if they had to clip madden's car because it was bottoming out. Did they have to recall others for the same repair ? For the price Scott wants and they didn't volunteerly make the repair I think that's poor customer support.

In todays race car lingo, a race car with all the chassis pieces installed and a complete body without engine and seat is race ready. A race car complete with all suspension pieces and engine and seat is Turn Key Ready .

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    In todays race car lingo, a race car with all the chassis pieces installed and a complete body without engine and seat is race ready. A race car complete with all suspension pieces and engine and seat is Turn Key Ready .
    Yep.

I wouldn’t buy it unless you had a real good chassis guy and didn’t need support. That’s been the main downfall, not the price. That was the deal when they were popular, and I bet now, the main issue is support. You don’t wanna be on an island with only Wilson to talk to.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

This post is dedicated to all car enthusiasts . For each of us a car is not just a means of transportation, but a whole world. So today I would like to talk to you about used cars. I want to advise you used cars grand rapids mn https://findacar.today/grand-rapids-minnesota/used . I and my friends are always using this service.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Whats an XR1 with no motor or seat gonna cost?
    Too much, if you know that you most likely aren't going to beat a Longhorn, Capital, or a Bobby in a big race ?