Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRX Series

Default SRX Series

Holy Cow! I don't know how I missed the boat on this one! I had no idea this was in the works. I don't know about anybody else, but I think it's going to be freaking awesome! I'm not a huge fan of the rear wing but the cars don't look half bad. And the fact that they're going to be running dirt and asphalt, well that's just fantastic. I hope they get several drivers who are still "relevant", I hate to use that term, but if it's a bunch of retired guys people will look at it as a place for washed up drivers to go.

Would be great to see a mix of dirt and asphalt talent running the series? Can you imagine how interesting it would be to see Donny Schatz racing against Bubba Pollard on asphalt? Or Brandon Overton racing against Paul Tracey on dirt? I'm going full fanboy already on this thing.

Thumbs up

Been Following it since the original announcement.

Website - http://srxracing.com/
    Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/SRXracing

Drivers That Have Signed On To Race With The New Series So Far. Supposed to be like IROC was
    Tony Stewart - NASCAR Cup Series
    Tony Kanaan - IndyCar Series
    Paul Tracy - IndyCar Series
    Bobby Labonte - NASCAR Cup Series
    Hélio Castroneves - IndyCar Series
    Willy T. Ribbs - Trans-Am Series
    Mark Webber - Formula One
    Bill Elliott - NASCAR Cup Series

Races will primarily be held on half-mile dirt and asphalt short tracks and may feature a road course on the schedule as well.

Races are planned to last 90 minutes without pit stops, though there is also planned to be a "halftime" for adjustments to be made to the car.

CBS Sports will air the 2021 six-race season in two-hour primetime Saturday night television windows.

Ray Evernham came up with the idea and asked Tony Stewart if he wanted to be apart of it and that's how it all got started. Ray talked about in when he was on an episode of the Dale Jr. Download.

SRX cars will be completely designed by founder Ray Evernham and were in concept stage when the series was founded in July 2020.[4] Teaser photos of the car show it has a high rear spoiler and is said to have high horsepower and low downforce. Fury Race Cars will serve as the cars' chassis designer and builder.

On July 13, 2020, it was reported that SRX was in preparation for a 2021 debut season. The series' founders included former NASCAR driver and current team owner Tony Stewart, former NASCAR team owner and crew chief Ray Evernham as well as former NASCAR executive George Pyne and sports agent Sandy Montag. Initially, series management was split between New York City and Charlotte, North Carolina.

Below is a picture of what the cars will look like.

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 11-19-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

cant wait to see how it turns out

Sadly they haven’t announced any dirt drivers yet. Mostly retired guys from big leagues. I would really like to see someone different like Travis pastrana or even ken block added
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Would scheduling be a hang up for dirt racers? I know there aren't many off dates for touring late model drivers with the WoO and Lucas schedules and the big shows at Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Would scheduling be a hang up for dirt racers? I know there aren't many off dates for touring late model drivers with the WoO and Lucas schedules and the big shows at Eldora.
    I would think absolutely that is why. How many dirt and/or asphalt current racers can take off 6 Saturdays during the summer? You would not be able to miss all the big money shows.

In response to post #4, isn't that what this is?

Drivers That Have Signed On To Race With The New Series So Far. Supposed to be like IROC was
    Tony Stewart - NASCAR Cup Series
    Tony Kanaan - IndyCar Series
    Paul Tracy - IndyCar Series
    Bobby Labonte - Bobby Labonte
    Hélio Castroneves - Hélio Castroneves
    Willy T. Ribbs - Willy T. Ribbs
    Mark Webber - Formula One
    Bill Elliott - NASCAR Cup Series
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Why would they need touring LM guys?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

this doesn't exactly look like a car that you can beat the body panels straight and go racing again real quick......is this sheet metal, carbon composite or what?

Anyone know?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    this doesn't exactly look like a car that you can beat the body panels straight and go racing again real quick......is this sheet metal, carbon composite or what?

Anyone know?
    I believe the bodies are supposed to be carbon fiber.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Probably be pretty good on asphalt be a joke on dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Why would they need touring LM guys?
    They wouldn't IMO, just responding to why we haven't seen any dirt drivers named with the series yet.

Who makes a racing seat big enough for Stewart to fit in? 😜

Whatever happens it's still going to be cool if they let them race a little and not call the check fouls....I'm watching.

Red farmer needs to jump in.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I hope this works out better that the deal w that class that everham had w humpy wheeler a few yrs back.

This series already exists https://m.facebook.com/StadiumSuperTrucks/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    and it's owned by Robby Gordon.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Who makes a racing seat big enough for Stewart to fit in? 
    If you have paid attention, stew has lost a good bit of weight lately. Enough to pull down Leah Pruett.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    If you have paid attention, stew has lost a good bit of weight lately. Enough to pull down Leah Pruett.
    Wasnt he engaged to some chick or did he dump her or was that leah he was engaged to?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    She is very attractive, and has a good demeanor about her. Seems cool as hell, as well as being kinda easy on the eyes.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.