Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Surf has no love for his boy Rico any more? Chase briscoes dirt career can’t be labeled a dirt ringer in any sense of the phrase. If you’re gonna use his truck win at eldora I guess bubba is a ringer too.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

WoO lm's are at Jackson mn july 9-10th fyi. i plan on knoxville july 9th,jackson july 10th
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

This is NAPCAR’s punishment for Tony for SRX. NO DOUBT.

Thumbs up

JohnE

Not really. My understanding is Eldora declined to have the trucks this year. Also SRX isn't a Tony thing Ray Evernham started it and asked Tony to be apart of it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

It’s 100% nascar’s punishment for the srx series. It’s a pissing match.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    JohnENot really. My understanding is Eldora declined to have the trucks this year. Also SRX isn't a Tony thing Ray Evernham started it and asked Tony to be apart of it.
    Tony is a part owner of the series along with ray and 2 others.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Tony is a part owner of the series along with ray and 2 others.
    yes i know that but Ray is the one who came up with the initial plans and idea. Ray told how it all went down on the Dale Jr Download back in late June
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The SRX is no threat to NASCAR, it actually could only help them....They have much bigger issues to deal with, like how to appeal to the younger generation. The SRX is purely an iroc series for mostly retired drivers, the fan appeal will be older fans which NASCAR has already shown they are ready to move past...

Dale McDowell had a pretty darned good run in ARCA in the late 80's/early 90's. Look it up.

EvelB7, I would respectfully disagree. It can be competition for advertisers and tracks potentially.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    The SRX is no threat to NASCAR, it actually could only help them....They have much bigger issues to deal with, like how to appeal to the younger generation. The SRX is purely an iroc series for mostly retired drivers, the fan appeal will be older fans which NASCAR has already shown they are ready to move past...
    How bout, stop catering to one driver!

Fake Noose has invaded nasCRAP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cntAPFcLk

Im the florescent yellow car, started 11 finished 10th, last restart w Abelson next to me got in my head.

Ill watch Knox but dont think it will be as fun to watch as Eldora, nobody will be brushing the wall lap after lap.

Ive raced on over 90 tracks, for dirt I would think I 80 Speedway in Nebraska would be awesome, two lane track all the time etc.

For A paved short track Id like to see them at Spokane Raceway Park, or Irwindale.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 11-22-2020 at 04:55 PM.

In my opinion NASCAR really dropped the ball this year, split the fans and completely alienated a portion for sure. I am sure some of this was the 'any press is good press' philosophy and some just went right along with what is going on in our country currently. My previous post was about the SRX specifically (off topic), the race at Knoxville will do good things for both sides from my view. Do I care to watch? Probably not, but there will be people who look into Knoxville and its history because of this and they just may become fans of true dirt racing. I only watch NASCAR currently because I have friends and customers involved; really hope they fix their issues soon...

It would absolutely be informative if we knew who actually pulled the plug on the Eldora truck race: NASCAR or ELDORA ?

As a local of Knoxville, I'm elated that NASCAR is coming. For the racing? Until they hit the track, I'll reserve judgement.

I'm elated that it will bring new people to the track/area that weekend and hopefully some will stay and attend the USAC/Knoxville 410 show the following night as well.

This event is great for LOCAL BUSINESSES that have had a horrible 2020 with the loss of the biggest two race weekends of the year (410 Nationals and Late Model Nationals) and I've heard Kendra and the staff are going to work very hard to make the "off track" activities that happen during the Sprint Car Nationals be part of that weekends event as opposed to it being "just another race" on the truck schedule.

I've seen FB comments from people that live less than an hours drive from Knoxville that will be attending a dirt track event for the first time ever, and only because it's a NASCAR event. That's not a bad thing for dirt track racing and my estimation is that it'll be for the most part a different fanbase than the ones that attended Eldora.

I personally feel horrible for the town of Newton 30 miles to the North that lost their IndyCar, Xfinity and Truck races for 2021 (and lost the Xfinity and Trucks in 2020 as well). My fear is that NASCAR will start divesting it's investment there and that would be another major blow to a community that is just starting to really recover from the loss of the Maytag manufacturing plant and corporate headquarters 15 years ago.

Once again vande07 knocks it out of the park with a take that is spot on. I agree with everything you stated above.

Hey vande07, don't be a stranger around this place. It needs a lot more of you and a lot less of the juvenile drivel that is spread on hear the majority of the time.

There is nothing worse than watching slow cars on a big track an people that have watched the sprints at Knoxville are going to think this is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    There is nothing worse than watching slow cars on a big track an people that have watched the sprints at Knoxville are going to think this is a joke.
    Yes there is. Big cars on a small indoor track like Gateway event. The 45 mph LM race.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

The part that will make or break this event for me (same that did for the Big E) will be track prep.
    Will Napcar allow the Duncans to do what they do better than anyone else?
    Or will it be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near asphalt like eldora was for thier truck races?
    It always bothered me about the trucks at eldora, because I knew dang well that Earl would have disc'd that mother trucker right before every napcar truck A main there.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Having attended races at Knoxville for 40ish seasons I'll say this.

I've seen Hobby Stocks, Open Wheel Mods, Late Models (IMCA and Supers), Dirt Trucks, Winged Sprints (3 classes), USAC sprints, USAC Midgets and USAC Silver Crown all race here at one time or another, and there are HUGE speed disparities between all those classes.

Some of the ones that I thought would put on great races (Silver Crown being a prime example) were snoozefests.

Some I thought that would be snoozefests (Dirt Trucks with only 8 entrants, Hobby Stocks and Modifieds) were good racing.

The speed disparity really isn't a factor unless you see multiple classes on the track the same night IMO as you just watched one class of cars and can visually compare it to another.

When the Late Models come to town in September, they are roughly 3.5 to 5 seconds a lap slower than the weekly sprints, but because no other classes are there you don't really notice that difference except when they announce laptimes during time trials.

The racing is good which is all that matters to this fan.