Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Once again vande07 knocks it out of the park with a take that is spot on. I agree with everything you stated above.

Hey vande07, don't be a stranger around this place. It needs a lot more of you and a lot less of the juvenile drivel that is spread on hear the majority of the time.
    I don't check in here often, but thanks for the kind words.

I know there is a divide amongst fans of NASCAR and dirt track racing. If this past year has taught us (fans) anything, I hope that most of us can agree that going forward that tracks/communities need all the events/visitors possible this upcoming year to help them recover from 2020 and that we shouldn't disparage them for it.

My biggest concern is that if we (fans) continue to tear down tracks/promotors online, on social media, etc. why would a potential new fan ever even come to try it out once?

My hope is that SRX is a HUGE success and the tracks/communities they visit (Eldora, Lucas Oil in Indy so far) reap the benefits.
    I hope that Knoxville benefits from the NASCAR Trucks.
    I hope Nashville benefits from IndyCar street race.
    I hope the communities around Lucas and WoO Late Model or Sprint events benefit, etc., etc..

I'd rather watch a "bad" race over no race at all.

When you put cars on a different track surface than what they are initially built for could be a disaster entrainment wise. Especially with minimal banking in the turns. This isn't the late 70's through early 90's where you could race a car on pavement one night and contend to win and do the same thing the next night at a dirt track.

Any idea if and how much testing they will do there before the event?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    When you put cars on a different track surface than what they are initially built for could be a disaster entrainment wise. Especially with minimal banking in the turns. This isn't the late 70's through early 90's where you could race a car on pavement one night and contend to win and do the same thing the next night at a dirt track.

Any idea if and how much testing they will do there before the event?
    I watched a video on Knoxville's FB page with Brett Mofitt (won a IMCA Mod race @ Knoxville when he was 14 and current Truck and Xfinity driver). He gives his thoughts on it and says it will be better than Eldora (my opinion is I'll reserve judgement until after the race).

As far as testing goes, my guess is they may try to on a weeknight in April/May/Early June, but weather conditions in April, May, June won't be comparable to July IMO so not sure what they'll learn.

Every race can not be in the " best race I ever saw " category. Will the trucks at Knoxville be legendary? Probably not. But like the Dome races, it will be an " event. " It will draw a big crowd and likely offer a lot of pageantry. Left to my own decision, I would probably not invest the $40.00. But I have a grandson who was raised on dirt tracks and he is excited to see these guys tackle Knoxville. And I bet we will enjoy parts of it, just like we do the Dome. It is a Saturday night in July, there will be lots of dirt tracks having weekly shows and possibly specials. Not your cup of tea, try visiting a new track. No one forcing you to attend. Fingers crossed we have a full season in 2021!

I can hate on nascar for a lot of thing but them adding dirt tracks to the schedule is not one of them
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Yes there is. Big cars on a small indoor track like Gateway event. The 45 mph LM race.
    OH yeah your correct I forgot about that 45 mph race.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    OH yeah your correct I forgot about that 45 mph race.
    Any smaller and the cars on the last row are still almost just coming out of the pit area when the front row takes the green flag. lol
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Is Knoxville going to be groomed like an asphalt track or will it be kept and groomed as a dirt track for this race?

If they were smart they would make the bottom dryer then hell so they could have couple grooves. Otherwise it will be as bad as arca dirt races
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by vande07 View Post
    I don't check in here often, but thanks for the kind words.

I know there is a divide amongst fans of NASCAR and dirt track racing. If this past year has taught us (fans) anything, I hope that most of us can agree that going forward that tracks/communities need all the events/visitors possible this upcoming year to help them recover from 2020 and that we shouldn't disparage them for it.

My biggest concern is that if we (fans) continue to tear down tracks/promotors online, on social media, etc. why would a potential new fan ever even come to try it out once?

My hope is that SRX is a HUGE success and the tracks/communities they visit (Eldora, Lucas Oil in Indy so far) reap the benefits.
    I hope that Knoxville benefits from the NASCAR Trucks.
    I hope Nashville benefits from IndyCar street race.
    I hope the communities around Lucas and WoO Late Model or Sprint events benefit, etc., etc..

I'd rather watch a "bad" race over no race at all.
    Amen!! A little constructive criticism is okay from time to time, but constant negativity does nothing to help our sport.