Default Duck River Deep Fried 75 got Chicken?

What happen? Promoter dropped the $12000 to $3000 for 50 laps? I think he will drop the 50 laps to 30 tomorrow night. A two night deal for only $3000? Not worth it for most drivers who travel. Get real! I expecting maybe 15 supers plus letting lower class to run with them? Disappointed for sure.

Paid $2500 last year and had 14 cars...

Year before that paid $14,500
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Poor race promoting at it's finest. The only one making any money off of this shim-sham deal is the track owner. He charged $25 to get in the pits Thursday night for practice only. This was once a great race that drew many top level drivers, but due to cutting laps and purses it no longer is any more than a regular show with big race admission. So sad for the fans and drivers.....
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

Too bad. It is a nice facility. I live about 15 miles from it. Have not been there in two years.

This place is a joke it's just a money grabbing place a friend of mine that runs crate went thru the pit gate there was no entry fee after they got in he went around to ever car and said there was a entry fee that happened last year.

What a waste of $40. A guest PA announcer who tried to multi task as a stand up comedian. They only got half of the demolition derby, I mean street stock, race in before throwing the checkered and caution flags at the same time due to time. Two separate fights broke out in the pits afterwards. Crate features were decent. Hats off to Christian Hanger, he did an awesome job working lapped traffic. I heard several comments in the pit grand stands that it should have been renamed the Cheap Lie 50. IMHO, that was probably a more fitting name. For a two night show, it was NOT worth it. Unless Bob ups the purse or changes the format for net year, this race will probably fizzle out. So sad, just a few years ago, this was one of the premier races around this time of year.

3 wide
    I don't understand what the point is. You and your buddy is trying to make. You upset cuz they didn't charge an entry fee this year. I understand the place being a joke

It didn't happen this year it happened last year.

Ok. Understand now. That's messed up. (Putting it nicely)

Duck does have some great racing but gets into issues sometimes. Results http://www.duckriverracewaypark.com/news/?i=88804

As long as the local fans shell out their money for sub par local yokal racing then that is what they are going to see. The owner is making a killing off of this race in pit passes from 9 different classes and concessions. I read on Facebook I think that the locals was all protective of the owner because someone complained about the cost and time it took to qualify. They have to qualify everyone just about. By the time e the actually race it is late and the track is worn out.
    I went to the WOO race and that was done in a timely manner because the WOO only allowed 2 support classes to keep things moving along.
    Last edited by MidTnDirtFan; 11-29-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTnDirtFan View Post
    I went to the WOO race and that was done in a timely manner because the didn't run 6 different support classes.
    It's a good thing WoO nor Lucas allows that.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

The promoter posted on Facebook that they lost a sponsor for the Deep Fried which is why the purse was lowered, and he lost a lot of $ in previous years when the pay was higher.

"The promoter posted on Facebook that they lost a sponsor for the Deep Fried which is why the purse was lowered, and he lost a lot of $ in previous years when the pay was higher." The way he gouged everyone this year, he should have made all lost money back in one weekend. A two night show for a 50 lap, $3,000 to win super late model race? Are you kidding me?? He!!, I know tracks than can run a $20,000 to win, 100 lap race in one night and still get done at a decent hour. The supers count was so low (even counting two barrel class cars that moved up) that consolation races races were not even needed. Like I stated in an earlier post, if it wasn't for the WoO officials running the show when they come to town, he wouldn't be able to keep that race either.

Seminole you are exactly right if they don't figure out how to run it they are going to lose a lot more money during the regular season they will run as many as 10 classes on a Saturday night an wonder why nobody comes to the races I got a good idea why they are not coming.

I agree Seminole 1000%, just posting what he wrote on Facebook.