Thumbs up Dog Hollow Speedway - re-opening under RFR Motorsports for 2021

Engines Ready to Howl Again at Dog Hollow Speedway in 2021.
    (Northern Cambria, PA) – After sitting dark for a year and a half, Dog Hollow Speedway is set to roar back to life in 2021. Racing is set to resume in the spring of next year with Super Late Models, RUSH Late Models, Stock Cars and 4 Cylinders as the weekly classes. The track will run on Friday nights with its 4-division show. Super Late Models will be running for a $1300 winner's check. The track will be promoted by RFR Motorsports, who bring years of racing experience and knowledge along with business experience.
    RFR Motorsports consists of Mark McClellan of Stoystown, and Kyle Smith, Sr. of Windber. McClellan is known around the racing community for his On Time Body and Graphics business along with his knowledge of racing. Smith is the founder of Johnstown Hydraulics Inc. and is a former racer and car owner for his son Kyle, Jr. Bill Bauer will serve as Competition Director. The team is currently assembling employees to complete the Dog Hollow family.
    “We are excited to bring Dog Hollow back to life. The track has been home to some great racing and we plan to bring that back,” said McClellan. “We are currently working on the 2021 schedule and hope to have that done soon. The rules packages for all the classes are also being finalized. Those, with all other information will be posted on our website as soon as they are completed.”
    “Mark and I want to bring back the excitement that we have had there,” stated Smith. “I hope we can make it even better than it was. This was always one of the best racing surfaces around. Our crew has put over 250 triaxle loads of new clay on the racing surface and after a few practice sessions, the track is ready to go. We are doing as much as we can before mother nature stops us. We have already started upgrading the facility to be more pleasant for the fans including remodeled rest rooms” Smith continued.
    Vicki Emig and Mike Leone will bring the RUSH series back to Dog Hollow in 2021. “We are excited to be partnering with the RUSH Series,” expressed Smith. “RUSH brings the same values and integrity as we will have at Dog Hollow with our weekly program under RFR Motorsports.”
    2021 will mark the 23rd season at Dog Hollow Speedway and plans are to make it a great one. “Kyle and I are, and will be, talking with a few different series' to see if we can bring in some special events,” McClellan stated. “We'd like to bring in some variety to keep things fresh and exciting for the fans. All Friday night shows will only be 4 divisions. If we have a different class coming in, we will give one a night off. We don't want the show going longer than 3 to 3 ½ hours so we can get the fans out at a decent hour.”
    Anyone wishing to contact the speedway can do so at rfrmotorsports@gmail.com.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Now there's 3 tracks with in a little over an hour of each other running supers on fridays in western pa for 1200 to win🤦🏼(not a nice word)♂️

Mckean County Raceway in Smethport is reopening next year running 8-10 specials. I’d like to know where all these cars are going to come from next year with Marion Center, Dog Hollow, and MCR all reopening next year.

Makes no sense at all. Only going to thin the fields at each track.

If tracks would just schedule around each other. A rising tide lifts all boats.

The last time they tried supers on Fridays they got 3 cars a week. I don’t expect this time to work any better.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lernerville, Bedford, Thunder Mountain, and Dog Hollow all trying to pull super lates.
    I see Dog Hollow having a majority of 358 and steel blocks making up their field.

Default McKean County Raceway

Well I hope it succeeds and they are running when I come back to the area to visit family. Used to be a fantastic track from my memory. I was there every night they ran years ago when I lived in Kane. Question though, do they still have the curfew? I think it used to be 10 O'clock. Is the schedule posted somewhere?