Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Advice from Mark Richards!

Spot on!

"Racers will call me and say, 'I cant figure out what my problem is'.I tell them go look in the mirror and ask yourself these two questions: Do I go racing to be the best I can be and make my team the best it can be, or do I go racing to hang out and have buddies and have a good time? Do that and you'll figure out your problem."

My drinking team has a racing problem...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

What if there's a bent old Mastrsbilt in the mirror behind you?

Just don't let up for the corner and the old M-bilt will spin out.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    What if there's a bent old Mastrsbilt in the mirror behind you?
    Then you get out the welder and tubing notcher.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Then you get out the welder and tubing notcher.

.........or the checkbook!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    .........or the checkbook!
    Checkbook only gets you on equal ground. And it's boring.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

if said racer just dropped 30 grand with with him , he would probably like to hear something besides " go look in the mirror " , makes for a good interview though .....

I'm uncertain as to why anyone would throw down the $$ to get this kind of support, in all seriousness can you purchase the same car from Rocket that Brandon is running?? Seems to me if they are saving the best and doing special stuff to the house car then why would anyone want to buy a lesser product.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I'm uncertain as to why anyone would throw down the $$ to get this kind of support, in all seriousness can you purchase the same car from Rocket that Brandon is running?? Seems to me if they are saving the best and doing special stuff to the house car then why would anyone want to buy a lesser product.
    That special stuff they are doing to the house car can be done by anyone. Just have to be innovative and look outside the box. Team Rocket is doing just that to make there team better.
    As far as a lesser product, if you could actually categorize a new Rocket XR1 as a lesser product, that lesser product is out there spanking most of the competition. If this doesn't make sense then go buy a Rayburn or Mastersbilt. You'll be fine.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Spot on!"Racers will call me and say, 'I cant figure out what my problem is'.I tell them go look in the mirror and ask yourself these two questions: Do I go racing to be the best I can be and make my team the best it can be, or do I go racing to hang out and have buddies and have a good time? Do that and you'll figure out your problem."
    There would be a lot less racers around if all drivers did what Richards just said. People do it for fun not to pay the bills. Spend $36,000 and get told to look in the mirror for help. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by wastingmoney View Post
    There would be a lot less racers around if all drivers did what Richards just said. People do it for fun not to pay the bills. Spend $36,000 and get told to look in the mirror for help. JMO
    Most of us understood what he was saying.

If someone is doing it strictly for fun, they better be rich. Just sayin. There are cheaper classes out there for having fun for a lot less $$.
    8/13/16

Highside not much different then boating or snowmobiling or going on hunts. People pick there hobbies either if its cheap or not cheap. like I said JMO. Nothing against Mark.

Anybody who actually thinks he says that to customers when they have tech questions has rocks in their head.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Imcryn2, So I totally understand what Mark is saying but cant a guy do it for both reason. Go to a track and win some races and hang out with buddies also. I don't know to many people that show up to a local track and just show up to race and not pit next to your buddies and not talk to anyone.

I agree with Bayko. Someone has been playing in there sandbox way to long if they think richards made those comments. Those guys work hard to make team rocket what it is. Do they have things that others don't ? It's very possible, isn't that how you stay on top ? They have 5 or 6 cars to choose from and I'm sure they are not all alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If someone is doing it strictly for fun, they better be rich. Just sayin. There are cheaper classes out there for having fun for a lot less $$.
    Very few SLM racers are doing it for a profession.

Quote Originally Posted by wastingmoney View Post
    I agree with you and this is JMO as well , with Richards in the business and suppose to be one of the best business minds in the late model game , that comment just didnt make since to me , i build a lot of engines and if one of my customers called me up with a problem and asked for my help and i told them to go look in the mirror , i seriously doubt i would get any more of there business , out of context or not ......

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I agree with Bayko. Someone has been playing in there sandbox way to long if they think richards made those comments. Those guys work hard to make team rocket what it is. Do they have things that others don't ? It's very possible, isn't that how you stay on top ? They have 5 or 6 cars to choose from and I'm sure they are not all alike.
    so zero25 made that quote up ????