Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucket list

Default Bucket list

That thread get taken down?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Must be. Someone must've mentioned Bloomquist or Mark Richards...

But it's ok for the Tyler Carpenter one to bash on 7 pages. And the Parker Martin one for 5 pages.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

How could a thread about bucket list track suggestions get derailed to the point it gets removed ?

Well letís just start a new one then.

Hereís my racing bucket list:

The Knoxville LM Nationals
    The I80 Nationals
    The PDC

The 24 hours of Lemans
    The 24 hours of Daytona
    The 24 hours of Spa
    The 24 hours of Nurburgring
    The 24 hours of COTA
    The 12 hours of Sebring
    The Petit Lemans

I have developed a pretty serious hankering for endurance racing, especially the GTE/GTLM/GT3 variety.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I also have I-80 on my list. I would really like to go to tazwell once. I also wonít miss the opportunity to see real dirt cars on Bristol this time around. Iíd like to go to the Knoxville sprint nationals. By the looks of tracks I would also like to get to tri-state, Lawrenceburg, and Florence.

My suggestions for awesome shows PDC, Eldora Dream/World, WoO Finals, East Bay, Macon, I-55

I-80
    Knoxville
    Fairbury
    Senoia
    Port Royal
    East Bay

I crossed Kokomo and Tazewell off this year.

I also thought it was weird that thread was gone, considering some of the other things that have came across here.

My bucket list venues.
    Not exhaustive (or realistic) by any means.

Darlington
    Daytona
    Port Royal
    Deer Creek
    Florence
    Tri-State

I'd also like to attend the Indianapolis 500 at least once.
    Final 2020 Race Count:
    40 Races, 19 Tracks (5 new), 5 States (2 new)

Maquoketa: 1, West Liberty: 1, FALS: 9, Davenport 1/4 Mile: 2, Lee County: 1, 34 Raceway: 1, Peoria: 4, Tri-City: 3, Farley: 1, Spoon River: 1, Farmer City: 4, Highland: 1, LaSalle: 2, Fayette County: 1, Pevely: 1, Lincoln: 1, Kankakee: 1, I-80: 3, Brownstown: 2

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Well that sucks.. I was working midnights, so I didnt see anything posted there after about 7am when I left work lol. Oh well.. appreciate yall starting a new one!

World 100, Knoxville 410 nats, ironman 55, pdc, silver dollar nats for me

My ultimate bucket list is halfway complete. Knoxville 410 Nationals and Indianapolis 500 are done, still need to hit Daytona 500 and World 100. Not quite bucket list, but 'want-to's' include 24 Hours of Daytona, Southern 500, Chili Bowl, Crandon International, Ironman 55, World Finals @ Charlotte.. Honestly, I could go on all day.

Bucket List
    Eldora - Dream / World 100. Been to both races many times.
    Fairbury - PDC. Been to the race many times.
    Port Royal
    Orange County Fair Speedway (NY) - Eastern States 200
    DIRTcar at Oswego and the surrounding tracks for Super Dirt week
    Knoxville Nationals
    Tulsa Chili Bowl Midget Nationals
    Dirt Track at Charlotte for the World Finals
    ANY DIRT TRACK OR ASPHALT TRACK THAT PUTS ON A GOOD RACE.
    Daytona 500
    Darlington Raceway
    Bristol - Dirt Late Models
    Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona
    24 Hours of Le Mans
    24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
    24 Hours of Nuremburg
    12 Hours Of Sebring
    Bathurst 1000 (12 hours) (Australia)
    Little 500 at Anderson (IN) Speedway - Non-Wing Sprints 3 wide start for 500 laps. Qualifying is best 4 lap average.
    Years ago I would have said the Baja 1000 to watch Evan "IronMan" Stewart
    -
    Seen Formula 1 at Indy in 2000
    Seen the Indy 500 a few times
    Seen a bunch of NASCAR races
    Seen the Winchester (IN) 400
    Seen a bunch of ASA Races
    Seen a few NHRA Drag Races at Route 66 (IL) & the U.S. Nationals in Indy
    Been to a bunch of dirt tracks and some asphalt tracks

Went to 4 new tracks this year - Boone (IA) Speedway for the IMCA Super Nationals this year (2020) On Thursday, 34 Raceway (IA) for the USAC Sprints (Season Opener at 34), Peoria (IL) Speedway Season Opener, & Wilmot (WI) Raceway for the Jim "Wildman" Watson Dirt Kings Late Model Tour Race
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 11-24-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    Nathan Stephens: Hobart (Northwest), Indiana.

2020 season (30 races at 13 tracks. 4 new tracks) - 34 Raceway (IA) 1, Boone (IA) Speedway 1, Brownstown (IN) Speedway 1, Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway 5, Gas City (IN) I-69 Speedway 1, Grundy County (IL) Speedway 1, Kankakee County (IL) Speedway 4, Kokomo (IN) Speedway 6, LaSalle (IL) Speedway 1, Peoria (IL) Speedway 1, Plymouth (IN) Speedway 3, & Shadyhill Speedway (IN) 4, Wilmot (WI) Raceway 1.
    Next Race(s) - 2021 season.

So is there a particular event at Port Royal? I had never really heard much about the place until this year. I've seen videos on youtube.. the racing seemed pretty good, but what am I missing that so many people are naming it?

Nice facilities. Good racing top to bottom. There big race is fair week Tuscarora 50 for the sprint cars. They brought the lucas series in and a guy by the name of Lyle larson won that one. Some have called it knoxville east, no, no. It's just port royal. It's worth making the trip.

With WVMS reopening in 21, it seems that the June 4-5th weekend would be a good choice. Once the Wild West Shootout weekend was ruled out for me, I changed my "new track" for the year to WVMS. I will actually have 2 in 21 as I am going to Boone IA for the WoO race. Brownstown was my new track for 20.

National 100 at EAMS

My bucket list that I haven't attended;
    WVMS
    East Bay
    Prairie Dirt Classic
    Port Royal
    I-80

Talking

Yea after seeing the recap of the 24 hours/classes of EAMS, Im gonna have to take a hard pass on that.

It sounds like im gonna be adding Port Royal and I-80 to my list definately. I noticed that Hershey, PA is pretty close to Port Royal so im thinking ill be taking a 4-5 day trip up to that area with the family. Probably 2022. Maybe they will land a Crown Jewel type race by then. It seems that place is certainly being hyped lately, and it seems they have lived up to their end of the deal by having a great racing. I-80 being just a couple weeks before Cedar Lake may be a problem for my time off work and checkbook back to back in '21.. but we will see. Sometimes I find ways lol.

Has anyone been to Wheatland? Ive watched it on TV, but never been in person. Wasnt thoroughly impressed with what i saw on tv.. but sometimes its hard to get a feel for how good the show is from the couch. My brother is really wanting to go there.. but thats cause he is an Owens fan. Please dont hold that against him.

Top of my list is to hit the midwest and go to a week of the Hell Tour that includes Fairbury.

Wheatland is a great atmosphere for the Show Me 100, looks like itís returning to three full programs in 2021. Itís not necessarily a lights out, knock down, drag out party like maybe some others but concessions are good, bathrooms clean and well maintained, and not a bad seat in the house. Have seen some question the racing itself, I donít get it. Not saying itís 100% without question but only time Iíve ever seen it lock down was a daytime make up race, better than some.
    Some arenít happy unless theyíre mad.