Default IMCA crate late model

Whats a ballpark starting point for spring rates? Will be running imca with a 604, 8" spoiler, and D55 tire. The car we just bought is a 2015 and im guessing the setup guide that it came with might be a little out dated. Any help is appreciated, thanks.The Guide that came with the car suggests this:LF-500 to 600 RF-325 to 375LR-200 or 225 RR-250
    It's always the cars fault

Nobody is gonna be able to help you unless you tell them what the car is. Their are no generic spring rates that everybody runs

Sorry my bad, its a 2015 Black Diamond
    It's always the cars fault

Talking

I see your rules do not allow stack type setups, but bumps are ok. There are no universal setups, as already stated, but geometry is so similar between most brands that a "ball park" that you asked for, could be provided.

You can probably use what you have, but I'd tend to go low on the lf spring for a crate. You may want to drop the lr spring some too(175# or 150#), especially if running on slicker tracks.

I have no black diamond experience, but I've never touched a car I couldn't make drive well with most spring rates near or in the range you provided.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-24-2020 at 02:07 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

may also see if you can raise the motor an inch.(if not already done)
    that is typically what steel block late models do over open cars, due to the higher block weight of the steel motor -vs- aluminum block. also the weight mass is lower, so it needs to be raised up a bit to help with weight distribution.
    Also done with modifieds if you have heavier weight blocks. ie SHP -vs- Dart iron eagle...etc

just my 2 cents opinions vary
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

An old fellow told me years ago, Aluminum block - low and left. Steel/Aluminum - up 1". All steel - up and right. Seemed to be good back then.