Thread: Off topic

Default Off topic

Not late model, but I see All-Star sprints have dates at Fairbury, Rt 66 in Ill. We dont get alot of sprint shows in Ill. I though Rt 66 would be done with Chgoland belly up.

I was hoping the drag strip and dirt track would stay, because they are across the street. But when I didn't see a show there on the NHRA schedule for next year, I figured it was over.

I've never attended the oval track, but the drag strip and dirt track are both great venues.

Quote Originally Posted by DadofTrouble View Post
    Not late model, but I see All-Star sprints have dates at Fairbury, Rt 66 in Ill. We dont get alot of sprint shows in Ill. I though Rt 66 would be done with Chgoland belly up.
    They posted this on Facebook September 29th. "Despite the unfortunate news that Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway are not racing in 2021, I want to be CLEAR that Dirt Oval Route 66 Raceway is independent and has a long term lease and plan to return in 2021 with a variety of Motorsports options." https://www.facebook.com/dirtoval66

Aren't going to do mixed commerical and residential in place of where the track was?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event