Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 98
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    People vote but people who have something gained by generations of hard work vote differently than illegal immigrants, drug users, vandals, deviants and those who make bad financial decisions. All you have to do is look at the blue states to see why they shouldn't dictate policy.
    Those blue states make up 2/3s of the US economy. So much for making bad financial decisions.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The fact you even need to explain that to him says a lot about the depth of the water in the well, if you know what I mean?

    Reminds me of my redneck uncle.....if we were driving through the woods and came up on a water hole hole he had 2 expressions. One, if it was deep, he would say....peter deep to a giraffe or two, if it was shallow.....not enough to drown a piss ant!

    I believe the latter fits Mcnugget!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Those blue states make up 2/3s of the US economy. So much for making bad financial decisions.
    You mean the ones whose tax revenue can't support their social programs? The ones with massive homeless populations? Tent cities?
    Last edited by 50j; 12-02-2020 at 10:17 PM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Simply look up "states most likely to default" or something similar.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

    California residents paid an average of $10,510.

    At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

    Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

    Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

    Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents.

    California fared a bit better than other blue states. It received 96 cents for every dollar the state sent to Washington.

    https://apnews.com/article/2f83c72de...cdbc0d3b6bc08c


    Median household income in Democratic voting districts have gone from $54,000 in 2008 to $61,000 in 2018 compared to Republican districts going from $55,000 to $53,000. GDP per Democratic seat went from $35.7 billion to $48.5 billion compared to Republican districts going from $32.2 billion to $32.6 billion. Productivity per worker for Democratic districts went from $118,000 to $139,000 compared to Republican districts which stayed at roughly $110,000 over the decade.

    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...iverging-fast/

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    All that means is they had poor cpa's!

    Example.....we had the same cpa for 20 plus years. One year in late Dec she said we needed to spend 50k before Jan 1. My dad why didnt you let us know back around oct or so. she had no answer and yep you guessed it....she was fired. Some are just smarter than others! We hardly paid 1% income tax on our business. We took advantage of every loophole!

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the driver's seat
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    I thought you had your own business? So it's really your dad's business and you are taking it over eventually.
    There has never been a greater betrayal by a President(Trump) of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution. Republican Liz Cheney

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    13,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Those blue states make up 2/3s of the US economy. So much for making bad financial decisions.
    Yeah, that's not true......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    13,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

    California residents paid an average of $10,510.

    At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

    Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

    Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

    Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents.

    California fared a bit better than other blue states. It received 96 cents for every dollar the state sent to Washington.

    https://apnews.com/article/2f83c72de...cdbc0d3b6bc08c


    Median household income in Democratic voting districts have gone from $54,000 in 2008 to $61,000 in 2018 compared to Republican districts going from $55,000 to $53,000. GDP per Democratic seat went from $35.7 billion to $48.5 billion compared to Republican districts going from $32.2 billion to $32.6 billion. Productivity per worker for Democratic districts went from $118,000 to $139,000 compared to Republican districts which stayed at roughly $110,000 over the decade.

    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...iverging-fast/
    It would have been easier and more accurate to just answer fiddy truthfully.....yes, those states with the massive homeless and tent cities with the failed social policies.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Villa Ridge, Mo.
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Then why are people leaving these great blue states in droves? Mostly because of taxes and over regulation.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    13,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Then why are people leaving these great blue states in droves? Mostly because of taxes and over regulation.
    And they all claim how great it is living there......yet they still move here.

    Confusing bunch.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Then why are people leaving these great blue states in droves? Mostly because of taxes and over regulation.
    They are mostly leaving places like California because of high housing costs. There are high housing costs because so many other people want to live there.

    People moving out of California and going to Texas is turning Texas purple.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    One person, one vote. Why should someone's vote matter more just because they choose to live in a rural area? The reason why the EC was created was to protect the less populous slave states. The Founding Fathers weren't even happy with the EC and it was a late compromise that they settled on because they were tired of arguing over it.
    Being an authentic product of urban inbreeding and the primary education system of the past 60 years it's a safe conclusion that you know little of which you speak beyond computer gaming, man-bun's, BLM and antifoofoo. Thus, it's incumbent upon all of us to give your drivel it's proper due, which is to say nothing since it's scarcely more that memorized BLM and antifoofoo talking points.

    Like I said in another post, it's people like you, who are enabling and hastening the the impending economic and cultural disaster that will inevitably lead to the extensively catastrophic and violent end to the nation and all the things that have made it a virtuous system that was the envy of everyone else on the planet. May you, and those of your ilk, suffer the most when that $hit really hits the fan.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Being an authentic product of urban inbreeding and the primary education system of the past 60 years it's a safe conclusion that you know little of which you speak beyond computer gaming, man-bun's, BLM and antifoofoo. Thus, it's incumbent upon all of us to give your drivel it's proper due, which is to say nothing since it's scarcely more that memorized BLM and antifoofoo talking points.

    Like I said in another post, it's people like you, who are enabling and hastening the the impending economic and cultural disaster that will inevitably lead to the extensively catastrophic and violent end to the nation and all the things that have made it a virtuous system that was the envy of everyone else on the planet. May you, and those of your ilk, suffer the most when that $hit really hits the fan.
    I spent the first 18 years of my life living in a small town of 1,000 residents about an hour drive from the nearest city.

    The United States hasn't been the envy of every other developed nation in a long time.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    We already have a few states deciding elections. Every election comes down to a handful of battleground states. At least getting ride of the Electoral College will make the process more democratic. People vote, not states or land. It's government by the people, not by the states.
    Making millions of fake votes and running an illegal election does not show ANY proof of a real POPULAR VOTE count. Only real valid votes count. Not the millions of fake and manufactured votes. And crooked machines and software reversing votes from one candidate to another. But you really don't believe these facts do you. How convenient...

    By the way. You like slave labor too right?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I spent the first 18 years of my life living in a small town of 1,000 residents about an hour drive from the nearest city.

    The United States hasn't been the envy of every other developed nation in a long time.
    Then why are the coming across the borders by the millions when allowed? And no place else has this problem.

    Even many immigrants are very upset over the theft of an election and threat of the turn to Communism, the very thing they tried to get away from.

    Do you think that you will get special treatment from this new government that you think is so great? You'll be sorry like the rest of us.

    That is way this must be stopped. To preserve our great nation.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    I spent the first 18 years of my life living in a small town of 1,000 residents about an hour drive from the nearest city.

    The United States hasn't been the envy of every other developed nation in a long time.
    I live in a town of 750 and I believe in MAGA. Because I'm not a brainwashed moron.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Then why are the coming across the borders by the millions when allowed? And no place else has this problem.

    Even many immigrants are very upset over the theft of an election and threat of the turn to Communism, the very thing they tried to get away from.

    Do you think that you will get special treatment from this new government that you think is so great? You'll be sorry like the rest of us.

    That is way this must be stopped. To preserve our great nation.
    No place else has this problem? What about the refugee crisis in Europe?

    The UN doesn't consider Mexico a developed country.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    They are mostly leaving places like California because of high housing costs. There are high housing costs because so many other people want to live there.

    People moving out of California and going to Texas is turning Texas purple.
    And why is the high cost of everything so high? Extremely high taxes inflates everything else for one thing. Silly-Con Valley is another reason.

    BTW do you think that this rediculus shutdown that is causing millions of small businesses out of business might have a real big reason for people leaving????

    When you can't walk on a big city street without running into poop and needles isn't it about to to make a new plan?

    Besides that Maxine Waters has a goon army that will get in your face if you are not like minded.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 12-03-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    And why is the high cost of everything so high? Extremely high taxes inflates everything else for one thing. Silly-Con Valley is another reason.

    BTW do you think that this rediculus shutdown that is causing millions of small businesses out of business might have a real big reason for people leaving????
    The real estate prices are so high because there are more people that want to live there than there are places to live. If there wasn't a desire to live in California, the house prices would be closer to where they are in the Midwest.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.