Default Sheet Metal question

What is the best way to get the 1/2" radius (required by rules) on the top edge of the doors, quarters ect?

Some brakes can do it. Other brakes can be adjusted to put a peice of round stock in and bend around i seen one guy that has a deal made up on the side of his sheet metal table just for that. But must of us that don't have that just do like three or four light bends a eighth inch or so apart

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaflux View Post
    What is the best way to get the 1/2" radius (required by rules) on the top edge of the doors, quarters ect?
    You don’t, cause no car in the country listens to this rule........ but you could make 4 marks 1/8” apart and just bend it a little, move to the next mark, bend a little more, move to next mark, and so on.

The break I have had a round bar to make bend but might be just me but I usually make the 1/8 inch marks cause they seem stronger and look better.But that's just me.

I've never seen a body done by anyone that knew what they were doing that didn't have it so i don't know who's not following this rule

I never do it. I just bent it clean. I never even understood why the rule was there and have never seen any tech official even mention it.

they just don't want a 90 degree bend (just one sharp edge bend), thats all the rule is for

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    they just don't want a 90 degree bend (just one sharp edge bend), thats all the rule is for
    Exactly it's basically a safety rule.

Those xr1 driver side doors are about 145 degrees now!