Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And Weiss races more in a month than Kirkpatrick in 2 years.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

scott could put out a mod chassis and sell tons of them

Funny, who's he going to get to build them ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Funny, who's he going to get to build them ?
    plenty of builders out there. several chassis out there that arent built by the guys selling them as their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    plenty of builders out there. several chassis out there that arent built by the guys selling them as their cars.
    Yea, but those others probably pay their suppliers, benders, and welders.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    And Weiss races more in a month than Kirkpatrick in 2 years.
    Kirkpatrick litterly would go months just testing and then race once and take off another 8 weeks... Weiss will be just fine

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Kirkpatrick litterly would go months just testing and then race once and take off another 8 weeks... Weiss will be just fine
    Why wouldn't Weiss be fine? He's kinda been on his own for a while and has his current piece to copy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Kirkpatrick is racing on a budget. Hats off to him 👍

did weiss not run a stinger chassis for a few races a few weeks back?

Weiss did really well at Lancaster. Tough track. He showed up and did well. I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    CnB, he couldn't stock the parts department at rocket. His cars are the most costly out there. Zero support from the people that builds the cars is most important aspect of chassis building. We both know, he doesn't have that and if he ever wants to be a top 5 builder he better learn how. The guy thinks he is still the guy to beat and people will come flocking to him for cars.

If what Burke says has any credibility to it. That's not good, it's been said Scott would never sell Jimmy Owens another car. Really ? and you want to be successful ? The guy has had a great career, I always sit up in my seat and watch his car work through the corners during hot lap sessions and time trails. There is no question his cars work completely different than anyone else you may want to focus on.

If he continues on he may end up like red farmer. To be successful you have to put people in the right places. Steve Baker used to do more testing when he was behind the wheel more than anyone else has even thought about. Cody, maybe, don't know the man. But you need more than that. He needs a person with money, a person that says, I make the business decisions Scott. You do what you do best, drive the car, chase tail, and get lucky at the tables on occassion.
    He won’t sell to Owens, my guess is one of two things. When Jimmy was with him, he wouldn’t share information. Or two, beings that Jimmy can build cars, he was trying to copy Scott’s. I dunno.

I think he should let Jimmy back, too late now I’d say. He does need people around him to right the ship, but he has to just drive, provide input. Let others do the work, build you a business. I just don’t think it’ll ever be what it should be.

And 100%, he couldn’t keep from blowing the money Rocket makes and needs to run their parts department.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I predict it wont last 6 months, then Richards will have him in a Rocket!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I predict it wont last 6 months, then Richards will have him in a Rocket!
    That's a decent recipe to finish second in woo.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    did weiss not run a stinger chassis for a few races a few weeks back?
    That was a mistake on an announcer letting that out. To my knowledge, he was never in one. I had heard a rumor Weiss was working with Chase King that builds the stinger cars on his own car.

Wasn't it the same announcer that made it sound like Weiss was DQ'ed for being light at the scales when he wasn't and then that story had to be retracted by a few media outlets.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's a decent recipe to finish second in woo.
    lol, yup, with Shepp sandbagging to give him a winor two as they seem to do with their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    lol, yup, with Shepp sandbagging to give him a winor two as they seem to do with their customers.
    That's hilarious now their so good they let people win sometimes.

So he is going to copy a SBR chassis in Canada, and run it next year. This a real big story or something? the kid likes the Chassis, runs well in them, and Bloomquist's operation is in shambles, seems logical to me, but it involves SBR so there will 15 pages of idiocy.

Just say no...

Wow, the CNN wannabes are on display in this thread. I will clear up a few bogus things mentioned in here. Scott would 100% build a chassis for Owens. Owens hasn't asked and why would he? He drives for someone else. Secondly Weiss has 3 Bloomquist chassis. He asked Scott if he would be okay if he cut them up and did some custom stuff to them. Scott said that was perfectly okay. The chassis just couldn't be listed as Bloomquist chassis anymore. Cody may be a business partner, but when it comes to what Scott does with his own cars, he has all the say. Cody is a financier to build the Bloomquist brand not to f with Scott's own racing career.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

"Secondly Weiss has 3 Bloomquist chassis. He asked Scott if he would be okay if he cut them up and did some custom stuff to them. Scott said that was perfectly okay. The chassis just couldn't be listed as Bloomquist chassis anymore."

Now I am confused....There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between taking an existing chassis, and cutting " here and there" to make a few tweaks, vs building your own chassis from scratch, which is what most of the reports on what Weiss is intending on doing.