Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "Secondly Weiss has 3 Bloomquist chassis. He asked Scott if he would be okay if he cut them up and did some custom stuff to them. Scott said that was perfectly okay. The chassis just couldn't be listed as Bloomquist chassis anymore."

Now I am confused....There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between taking an existing chassis, and cutting " here and there" to make a few tweaks, vs building your own chassis from scratch, which is what most of the reports on what Weiss is intending on doing.
    I think he already did the cutting part. I don't think he has anything left on the car that labels it a SBR car. Now, step 2 is build a new one or 2.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

My understanding was that they were cutting them up to try some new ideas to test with. Then when they figure out what they want they will be building brand new chassis that specific way.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFast View Post
    Wow, the CNN wannabes are on display in this thread. I will clear up a few bogus things mentioned in here. Scott would 100% build a chassis for Owens. Owens hasn't asked and why would he? He drives for someone else.
    When I spoke to Owens' crew guy 2-3 years ago I asked him why they didn't go back to Bloomquist cars (Jimmy was struggling at the time) and he replied quickly with "Scott won't sell us one". I understand that may not be the case these days, but it was back then.

Yeah that part is definitely true. Scott didn't want to sell any chassis anymore for a period of 3-5 years ago. This is when Randy and Scott were fine tuning a brand new style chassis so they did not want to build anything till they found what they wanted first. I guarantee Scott would love to have Jimmy driving a Team Zero car now.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

That ship has sailed.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_11402.html

What did the article say for those of us who no longer subscribe to DoO? Who is JR Haley?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_11402.html

What did the article say for those of us who no longer subscribe to DoO? Who is JR Haley?
    He modified his cars and tested a lot. Found something he liked. He couldn't get it from Mooresburg, so they started welding cars.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1