Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ricky Weiss splits from Team Zero

Will carry the Drydene sponsorship in 2021 and has committed to the 2021 WoO tour with Vic Hill engines and building thier own chassis.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

If correct not a surprise. Team 0 relationships are not long term generally, McDowell maybe being the exception.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    If correct not a surprise. Team 0 relationships are not long term generally, McDowell maybe being the exception.
    Jimmy Owens and Madden??? Both were a good little bit, but I certainly don’t blame anyone for leaving until he straightens up lol. That was reported about Weiss awhile back. I applaud him, I like him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

So where are they building these new cars ? He is from Canada correct ? I am glad Drydene is staying with the team.

I think this was official the day he left Mooresville.

Will this be called a Navel chassis? A Clementine? Maybe a Mandarin?
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-04-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think this was official the day he left Mooresville.

Will this be called a Navel chassis? A Clementine? Maybe a Mandarin?
    Mooresburg.... not Mooresville

I think he is going to run a Kirkpatrick special

Based off the previous things i have heard about wies previously building some of the cars during his early time at sbr and secondly that he had i think three bloomquist cars. One older one and two newer ones but could not get the new ones to go aswell as the older. I would guess he not trying to reinvent the wheel he's just gonna build what moresburg doesent seem to be able to.

Crown Royal Chassis
    8/13/16

I seem to remember someone posting here about Weiss building his own stuff months ago

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I seem to remember someone posting here about Weiss building his own stuff months ago
    That is true. Ricky came out and confirmed it yesterday along with their intentions to follow the WoO tour again in 2021 and carrying the Drydene sponsorship.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

His crew guy said they’d been getting the tubes that were cut and bent for the bloomer cars and having to assemble and weld together the last few cars anyways cause Scott is such an inept chassis builder. Probably just gonna be doing the same thing, just taking the bloomer sticker off the car.......

He used to drive a Longhorn ( with some succes), so I wouldn't be surprised if he has some original ideas to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I think he is going to run a Kirkpatrick special
    Except it won’t take Weiss 5 years of testing to finally be competitive

Default Burke

Scott is not an inept chassis builder, nor an idiot when it comes to these cars. He’s very smart as far as the chassis and set up etc. Thinking ahead.

It’s that he has never, and it has finally caught up to him, age has a funny way of doing that, grown up. At 57 I believe, you can’t do the sh!t you did at 40. The drinking, partying, gambling, womanizing, being up all hours, it catches up to you. Especially when you have a serious set back like a bad motorcycle wreck. Well, just a minor scrape to some with inside knowledge on 4m lmao.

I sadly don’t think it’ll ever change, he’ll end up like Duvall and Freddie.

Dude could truly be Rocket, he has the respect and knowledge to be there. But the business mindset, the ability to set your priorities straight, and surround yourself with good people, he can’t. They get there, and they bail. Because it’s a sh!tshow. I truly hope 2021 is better for him, he can still get it done. Just has to change, and after 57 years, I doubt it. Wife and kid couldn’t do it, I doubt anyone else can.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Still think it is almost impossible to be a ONE MAN BAND running a ONE OFF chassis on a national tour against the likes of Rockets and Longhorns no matter who you are. That was the knock over the last few years with Barry Wright, Mastersbuilt, Black Diamond and to some extent Capital. As the lone wolf running a single chassis, there is no feedback from other teams. The above builders had years of experience building and designing chassis and they struggled. That being said I give Weiss and his team kudos for trying something a little different in 2021. Maybe they will prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Still think it is almost impossible to be a ONE MAN BAND running a ONE OFF chassis on a national tour against the likes of Rockets and Longhorns no matter who you are. That was the knock over the last few years with Barry Wright, Mastersbuilt, Black Diamond and to some extent Capital. As the lone wolf running a single chassis, there is no feedback from other teams. The above builders had years of experience building and designing chassis and they struggled. That being said I give Weiss and his team kudos for trying something a little different in 2021. Maybe they will prove me wrong.
    That supposed downside can be an upside if you are capable of finding your own speed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That supposed downside can be an upside if you are capable of finding your own speed.
    For sure. Look at Bloomers first go around, and how people were itching for cars. Now, they demand customer service, parts, support, can’t do that from Harrah’s half bottle into some Crown.

CnB, he couldn't stock the parts department at rocket. His cars are the most costly out there. Zero support from the people that builds the cars is most important aspect of chassis building. We both know, he doesn't have that and if he ever wants to be a top 5 builder he better learn how. The guy thinks he is still the guy to beat and people will come flocking to him for cars.

If what Burke says has any credibility to it. That's not good, it's been said Scott would never sell Jimmy Owens another car. Really ? and you want to be successful ? The guy has had a great career, I always sit up in my seat and watch his car work through the corners during hot lap sessions and time trails. There is no question his cars work completely different than anyone else you may want to focus on.

If he continues on he may end up like red farmer. To be successful you have to put people in the right places. Steve Baker used to do more testing when he was behind the wheel more than anyone else has even thought about. Cody, maybe, don't know the man. But you need more than that. He needs a person with money, a person that says, I make the business decisions Scott. You do what you do best, drive the car, chase tail, and get lucky at the tables on occassion.

Except it won’t take Weiss 5 years of testing to finally be competitive
    Of course not. He isn't starting from scratch. He's trying to win now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1