Thread: Hey CIRF

Default Hey CIRF

Ever see the Genesee Beer Wagon race anywhere?

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

If Larson was driving it he probably saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Ever see the Genesee Beer Wagon race anywhere?

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    The Beer Wagon was just a bit before my time. I've heard stories of Sheldon Kinser driving the wheels off of the sprint car edition back in his day. I also remember hearing about Tom Bigelow driving the Indy Car iteration of The Beer Wagon at Indianapolis.

As a snot nose kid listening to the Indy 500 on the radio during the late 1970's into the early 1980's I can remember the announcers referring to the Genesse Beer Wagon.

I'd love to have a time line and list of all the cars and drivers that drove The Beer Wagon over the years. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mark, but weren't those all those cars based out east somewhere or am I off base on that?

You be right on the location and time line. You make me feel old when u say your were a snot nosed kid cuz I was one myself as I ran around Lions, Ascot, and Saugus among others when young. I thought for sure you would have seen that car. It was something when it came out west.

LMM

CIRF, when you get a chance and it strikes you to, go to Nitromater.com and check out the many posts I did about me beloved Lions Drag Strip since I recall you enjoying the 1320 action.

LMM

http://www.4m.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1607473929Trying to post a couple of pics of the Genesee Beer wagon I took at Galen Fox's shop a few years ago (stopped by while at PRI)
    Last edited by EvelB7; 12-08-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    CIRF, when you get a chance and it strikes you to, go to Nitromater.com and check out the many posts I did about me beloved Lions Drag Strip since I recall you enjoying the 1320 action.

LMM
    I do love the 1/4 mile stuff, Mark. Drag racing is really the only form of 4 wheel motorsports that I had the guts and wherewithal to participate in. Although I do enjoy the NHRA fuel and pro classes my heart is really with the cars I can relate to, which is to say the closer to stock divisions. I raced some modified production stuff of my own soon after I got out of college but it was a whole different universe from what they're racing now, even in those classes. Won a few lost a lot! LOL! Dear memories, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics, Evel! Would Sheldon have driven the car in the pics?

Yes, the car is restored as a Sheldon Kinser car.

Quote Originally Posted by Litman View Post
    Beautiful sprint car in the old style.
    Welcome Litman. We try to have some fun here in the sprint car section. We hope you stick around! Some of the other sections aren't quite as cheerful, but you'll catch on to that.

Nowadays, when buying a car, salons are very expensive, so you need to look after it very carefully. In the car, I accidentally cut my finger and the blood dripped right on the seat. I turned to this site - how to get blood out of car seat. There are many ways to remove it. and thanks to him I go with a clean interior and very happy.