Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 5 Flags Speedway-Snowflake 100

Yeah it’s asphalt late models, but no one talks about them on here. I’m very sad that they penalized a good, clean, non ahole racer like Stephen Nasse. Sucks is Pollard still lost the win as did that Thorn.

Jake Johnson got the win.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Little dirt related because Bubba has been getting his feet wet in at least crates.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I can get down with some asphalt late model racing. It’s truly a shame that running each other like trash is widely accepted in that world.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

All want to be dale sr.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

NASCAR started “bump and run” by condoning it and not penalizing drivers. Congratulations NASCAR, your two faced, head in the sand, position has evolved to short track asphalt racing, to the detriment of the sport.
    I hate time trials.

Default Josh

For sure. And that Nasse I guess has fans. Grade A ahole. Interviews, driving, you name it. Daddy’s money.

Expect more of the same today

It's a shame the race can never be settled on the track. It seems the officials are always the deciding factor on who actually wins.

Thumbs up

Same thing happened last year between Nasse and Pollard.
    There was a big stink about it after words.
    Nasse had gotten into Pollard and if I remember correctly they determined Nasse spun Bubba on purpose.
    The one thing I've always under stood about the Snowball Derby at Five Flags is they like good clean racing and and they don't like when drivers race fellow driver dirty.
    If your good enough you should be able to pass a another driver with out getting into him or her.
    Guess will all see how the SnowBall Derby goes today.

I know two of the guys in the race today race one we have raced with his father back in the 80's and early 90's in dirt late Models Paul Shafer in the green and white #20th car. Paul was the 1985 Brownstown track champion. When he topped dirt racing he when and stated racing Monster Trucks with Monster Patrol and bought Big Foot, Bear Foot and a few other name trucks. Now he helps his son.

Boris Jurkovic in the black #53 out of Joliet, IL and Paul Shafer Jr. in the #7 out of Portage, IN.

Paul has 2 track championships at Illiana Motor Speedway in 2015 and Grundy County Speedway in 2020 & 2x Tony Bettenhausen Memorial race winner in 2019 and 2020.

Boris has raced all over the last couple of years and has a couple of track championships to his credit.
    He has been in a Rowdy Manufacturing car the last about 3-4 years and Kyle Busch tried to help Boris buy Illiana Motor Speedway in Schererville , Indiana about 6/7 years back when the track was up for sale.
    he had given Boris $100,000 and Boris was gonna buy Illiana for a $100K more then what the Owner Mike Mikuly (R.I.P. 2020) was asking for it.
    Mike sold the track to the Town about 4 years back and pissed off a lot of drivers and fans.
    Sadly Mike passed away this years after a battle with cancer.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-06-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Is the Snowball live streamed today?

LMM

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Is the Snowball live streamed today?

LMM
    Its on Speed51 for $40.

I have never attended an asphalt late model race. One of my sons like racing - but not dirt racing. A close friend of mine is the same, he likes IndyCar, sports car and road racing. I wouldn't mind going to a asphalt late model show. I think I have a few tracks to choose from, but I want to go to one that is worth attending. Cedar Rapids, IA, Rockford, IL, Madison, WI are all less than two hours away. I think WI has a few other tracks, but I just don't know enough about asphalt late models. Any recommendations?

Don't bother with Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids. They get maybe six late models on a weekly night.

Supposedly nasse is trying to go dlm racing

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I have never attended an asphalt late model race. One of my sons like racing - but not dirt racing. A close friend of mine is the same, he likes IndyCar, sports car and road racing. I wouldn't mind going to a asphalt late model show. I think I have a few tracks to choose from, but I want to go to one that is worth attending. Cedar Rapids, IA, Rockford, IL, Madison, WI are all less than two hours away. I think WI has a few other tracks, but I just don't know enough about asphalt late models. Any recommendations?
    Jefferson speedway in Wisconsin is good. 1/2 is tight and flat bottom preferred groove and 3/4 is more banked and sweeping so top is preferred. They can run side by side for many laps in a row. That’s hard to find in asphalt.

For reference Jefferson is 45 mins further for me than Rockford and I drive right by it.

Kalamazoo Klash has always been pretty decent
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Supposedly nasse is trying to go dlm racing
    His first trip to senoia should be interesting.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    For reference Jefferson is 45 mins further for me than Rockford and I drive right by it.
    Thanks for the feedback. With NASCAR and IndyCar leaving Iowa, I want to find another track for my son to enjoy the sport. We do Road America too and that is fun!

Slinger in Wisconsin is well known. Grundy County in Il. is good...