Default Soft tires to hard tire changes

Very consistent car (crate 604) on soft tires (1350) and very competitive everywhere we go. Now we are looking to travel for a few big races and they are tracks with hard tire rules (1600).

What are your go to adjustments?

411 Speedway and Boyds Speedway. Must run the same tires all night.

This varies a ton between drivers/teams, IMO most of this boils down to 2 things track surface and driving style (bent or straight).

Typically a crate drives a little straighter then a super on average, so you may get the typical can't steer as good into corner and looser on exit. If the driver drives more bent, then you may get a loose in condition. So it's really gonna depend on the situation.

But that may give you a general guideline to what you might expect, cornering speeds will go down for sure but typically I don't have to do any major adjustments just a slight tweak one way or the other depending on how the tires effect that driver

I see a big difference in our cars going to the 1600s from crate 21s. Loose all the way around. Would also like to see what changes other guys are doing. I know several chassis builders call for more rear %.

The front tires are still 1350. the car is good getting into the corner....driver says the car just feels on top of the track on center to exit. Day race & dry slick during qualifying. Track doesn't take rubber. Just some things that come to mind....
    *slightly increasing load number on RF (currently at 1850's @ 4 in)
    *dropping LR lower bar
    *shortening right side bars to reduce steer

I don't think i would do any of those things if all i was doing is adjusting for the harder tire. The rr bars may help but their probably not really the place to be. You need to identify if the car is not sticking the rr in the middle in decel or your not getting the appropriate drive on exit if the car is not in the race track ie not sticking the rr the first two adjustments mentioned will likely make it worse

On a hard rr you want to try to plant it harder.. but if you have 2 hard tires on the back how do you plant both?? Lol

When people see "hard tire" they think no traction. If you can get heat in the hard tire, often it's faster. Then, you don't need to do anything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When people see "hard tire" they think no traction. If you can get heat in the hard tire, often it's faster. Then, you don't need to do anything.
    Why is it faster? Is it because if a hard tire is at its rite temperature than the softer option would likely be too hot? I always wondered why at some of these tracks that dont hurt any tires ever (really slick slow gumbo type places) why a harder tire seems to work better.... harder edges maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Why is it faster? Is it because if a hard tire is at its rite temperature than the softer option would likely be too hot? I always wondered why at some of these tracks that dont hurt any tires ever (really slick slow gumbo type places) why a harder tire seems to work better.... harder edges maybe
    Yeah I was speaking from a temperature standpoint. But, there are places edges help too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

With their formats for these races (hot laps-2 laps, qualify-2 laps, bmain-8laps, & feature-20laps) its hard to get heat in them other than the feature. So if you're not decent early in the night, there's not enough laps to make up for it later.

I guess what I am saying is that on soft tires we are good & without changing anything other than our normal shock clicks throughout the night, we were not good on 1600s. Good enough to make the feature out of 50 cars, but overall not good.

Quote Originally Posted by missile07 View Post
    With their formats for these races (hot laps-2 laps, qualify-2 laps, bmain-8laps, & feature-20laps) its hard to get heat in them other than the feature. So if you're not decent early in the night, there's not enough laps to make up for it later.

I guess what I am saying is that on soft tires we are good & without changing anything other than our normal shock clicks throughout the night, we were not good on 1600s. Good enough to make the feature out of 50 cars, but overall not good.
    Understood. You probably just need to be tighter in general. More so in the center, if I had to guess. There have been times where I had a perpetually tight car and then went to race a different deal on hard spec tires. We went from not running that great to walking the dog.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The groover and siper will be your best friend. Gotta make them blocks think theyre softer!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Understood. You probably just need to be tighter in general. More so in the center, if I had to guess. There have been times where I had a perpetually tight car and then went to race a different deal on hard spec tires. We went from not running that great to walking the dog.
    I would agree more jbar and more rr stick. I would leave wheel base alone

By checking out Bridgestone Tires reviews , you can gain helpful info about the best quality and most durable tires for your vehicle, particularly when transitioning from soft to hard tires. Take the time to read through reviews and research different types of tires before making a decision. Doing so can help you make an informed choice and ensure that your tires are up to the task of keeping you safe on the road.

Terms like "feels like it is on top of the track" and "not stcking the rr in middle" always seemd too vauge for me . I like terms like "tight in the middle while on the gas", or "tight on entry while off the gas". Another vauge and confsusing statement is "the car lacks drive".....this can usually be interpreted to mean "loose early center, and loose late center, both while on throttle". Words are free, why not use the correct ones, and use more off them too.