Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebandit7 View Post
    The reason you don't see kids running around with measles is because the measles virus does not mutate. Vaccinated once in our childhood....good to go for life.....see the below article attached.

If the COVID virus acts like the flu virus, meaning it will have the ability to mutate, then the COVID vaccine will be like the flu vaccine, meaning it will be a crap shoot as to which strain they will be vaccinating for from year to year....

A vaccine is not a cure all. And herd immunity will do no good if it mutates. We don't have herd immunity from the flu, do we?

It's a virus. It is now here to stay. It's not going away. The best thing we can do is not live in fear, use some common sense and live our lives. I, for one, do not choose to live in fear.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0521133628.htm
    More hypotheticals, please.

The flu does mutate and we can get a yearly vaccination that reduces its overall affect tremendously. If covid also mutates why would scientists and doctors not be able to do the same ?
    Last edited by jr29; 12-20-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Read post 48 an twice as many people in the us will die of heart disease than covid.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Read post 48 an twice as many people in the us will die of heart disease than covid.
    I did read post 48 and I responded.

And you can't sneeze on me and give me heart disease. Why is that so hard for some people to get through their heads ?

LOL I live in Ohio too. Exactly what has the Gov shut down since the first round? Answer NOTHING other than Gov run business. 10 O'Clock curfew on bars and restaurants. Everyone wants people to wear masks. Check your facts. He threatens but he knows its unconstitutional to shut down non gov business and especially Churches. Dem run cities are a disaster. Do give me this bull there is not a difference. Mr chupp bloomer

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    LOL I live in Ohio too. Exactly what has the Gov shut down since the first round? Answer NOTHING other than Gov run business. 10 O'Clock curfew on bars and restaurants. Everyone wants people to wear masks. Check your facts. He threatens but he knows its unconstitutional to shut down non gov business and especially Churches. Dem run cities are a disaster. Do give me this bull there is not a difference. Mr chupp bloomer
    My state is as red as it gets and last week I believe it was the hottest covid spot in the world. Three counties in the state voted democratic this past election, 92 voted republican.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post

The flu does mutate and we can get a yearly vaccination that reduces its overall affect tremendously. If covid also mutates why would scientists and doctors not be able to do the same ?
    You are a dumbass.

The original post said mask and shots won't stop it. You replied asked that guy if we see kids running around with measles and you said no because there is a vaccine for it. That implies that the COVID vaccine is going to stop it.

All I was trying to do was show you that you are comparing apples and oranges. The measles vaccine WORKS because the measles virus does not mutate. If COVID mutates, then the vaccine will be like the flu vaccine....it is something that DOESN'T WORK TOTALLY because it is a vaccine shooting at a moving target. And, if you want to get right down to it, the flu vaccine is unremarkable at best. Does it help? Sure, to some extent but people still get it, even after having gotten the vaccine, and die from it every year. You just don't hear about anything other than COVID because COVID is the only sickness in the world now. There is no Alzheimer's, which is going to kill my mother in a few years.....or cancer, which killed my father 2 years ago. Had my father had COVID, the glioblastoma in his head that was about a quarter the size of his brain and viciously invasive would not have been what killed him, it would have been the COVID.......But I digress.

Your original comment about the measles vaccine implied that the COVID vaccine will be a cure. If that is not what you meant, then you should have said that.

My rant is over....

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebandit7 View Post
    You are a dumbass.

The original post said mask and shots won't stop it. You replied asked that guy if we see kids running around with measles and you said no because there is a vaccine for it. That implies that the COVID vaccine is going to stop it.

All I was trying to do was show you that you are comparing apples and oranges. The measles vaccine WORKS because the measles virus does not mutate. If COVID mutates, then the vaccine will be like the flu vaccine....it is something that DOESN'T WORK TOTALLY because it is a vaccine shooting at a moving target. And, if you want to get right down to it, the flu vaccine is unremarkable at best. Does it help? Sure, to some extent but people still get it, even after having gotten the vaccine, and die from it every year. You just don't hear about anything other than COVID because COVID is the only sickness in the world now. There is no Alzheimer's, which is going to kill my mother in a few years.....or cancer, which killed my father 2 years ago. Had my father had COVID, the glioblastoma in his head that was about a quarter the size of his brain and viciously invasive would not have been what killed him, it would have been the COVID.......But I digress.

Your original comment about the measles vaccine implied that the COVID vaccine will be a cure. If that is not what you meant, then you should have said that.

My rant is over....
    The guy said shots don't work for a virus. Go back and look. I can see how you interpreted my post and I should have made myself a little more clear.

I'm well aware of the success rate of flu vaccine.

Want to call me more names ?

Default From Google news main page

UK shutdown new China virus strain - https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...sclient=psy-ab

Is racing season 2021 here in the USA now under attack with this new China virus strain?

Shots aren't going to stop it ????????
    Do you see kids running around with measles ? No. There is a vaccine.
    Just do us all a favor. Pull your lip over your head, and swallow. It'll probably put more toilet paper on the shelf for the rest of us that's been living outside the fear since all of this

We have been trained to be so scared of this virus that a 60% effective, yearly vaccine, would leave us living the current life for the rest of our days. At that point, life isn't worth living and the vaccine is useless.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-20-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    ---- and the vaccine is useless.
    Well, that, and the new China virus strain.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Well, that, and the new China virus strain.
    The particulars are yet unknown, but the way people are panicking, makes you think the worst.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Okay but they are not Democrats anymore. That's the part you can't seem to learn. They are Marxist Globalists and they want total rule of the US. They even colluded with the Chinese on how to steal the election. Maybe this only angers you, but it's the truth!!

And they don't care if you don't have a race track to go to also.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

WOW. New strain coming out of china. I for one am shocked. Some have this mentality that this is somehow a political agenda. Do some of you think maybe it's only democrats or is it republicans just dying ? In my opinion if you are a cautious person. Wear a dang mask, use a hand sanitizer, are be aware of your surroundings. Chances are your not going to get it. If your a fool, then you deserve it. Is the government blowing this to extremes, your dang right they are because it could easily become a lot worse than what we have know.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Some have this mentality that this is somehow a political agenda.
    Well we do have the conspiracy theory that the man made China virus is China’s retaliation for Trumps foreign trade agreement, so we have that going for us.

First of all the Covid sars2 virus does not mutate as rapidly as influenza virus. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0803105246.htm
    SARS-CoV-2 mutation rate remains low.
    Secondly, even if it mutates, that doesn't mean the vaccines will not work against the newer strains.
    Despite its mutations, the virus shows little variability, and this is good news for the researchers working on a viable vaccine.
    Furthermore, there is more to your immune system than just antibodies. It's a rather complex system. Even if a vaccine or prior exposure doesn't totally protect you from catching it. it may make it much less severe. In fact there is some evidence that exposure or past infections with other corona viruses, like a few which are known to cause the common cold, may provide some protection against covid. This may explain why some people have very mild cases while others have more serious. See this article. https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6512/89 And this one. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...ize-sars-cov-2

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    First of all the Covid sars2 virus does not mutate as rapidly as influenza virus. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0803105246.htm Secondly, even if it mutates, that doesn't mean the vaccines will not work against the newer strains. Furthermore, there is more to your immune system than just antibodies. It's a rather complex system. Even if a vaccine or prior exposure doesn't totally protect you from catching it. it may make it much less severe. In fact there is some evidence that exposure or past infections with other corona viruses, like a few which are known to cause the common cold, may provide some protection against covid. This may explain why some people have very mild cases while others have more serious. See this article. https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6512/89 And this one. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...ize-sars-cov-2
    Cases like this prove there is much that is still unproven hypothesis.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...ty-11602541808
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Shots aren't going to stop it ????????
    Do you see kids running around with measles ? No. There is a vaccine.
    You still have to get a flu shot every year, and even then it's not a guarantee against catching the flu. Experts (not random people on 4m) do not yet know if you'll have to get a China flu shot every year or not. So it's silly to compare this to a measles vaccine.