Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I had covid, and was legitimately sick about 5 weeks ago. Not deathly ill, but still sick. Honestly, now more than ever am I against the masks, lockdowns, and all this. Wonder if I will still have to take the vaccine?

I'm just tryin to go to Golden Isles!!!

Define normal.

As of this moment, my kid is in school five days a week. I’m sitting in my office at work everyday. Daughter has played softball, cheered, and is playing youth basketball currently. I’ve been to a socially distant concert. Went to three high school football games. Went to the beach this summer. Went to some races. Had a typical thanksgiving and will do the same with Christmas hopefully.

That’s fairly normal.

After a month or two of watching story after story of how everyone who did everything they were told and still got the virus we chose to get back to living life. I’ll wear a mask when required. I wash my hands. I stay out of peoples faces.

That doesn’t make me brave, but IMO it doesn’t make me selfish either. To many unanswered questions and theories on timelines to sit and stare at the living room walls.

Thankfully I’m in a state where that’s been possible. Hope that doesn’t change.

B_K, same with me here in Alabama, I have been to football, basketball, races and Wal Mart 2/3 times a week. At 82, I do wear the mask when out in the public. Looking forward to the ICE BOWL and East Bay.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    TV news. Local Georgia channel out of Savannah . Said the Governor is leaning toward a 100 Day shut down of all crowd drawing activities, state wide . Following Biden, he's pushing he wants 100 days of everyone wearing masks across the country.
    We live near Savannah. I haven’t heard a word about anything like this.

Terry I know I heard it because I just could not believe what I was hearing. What it seems like to me was a tv station that didn't have facts and where pushing there agenda. I'm here in bluffton, sc and want to get down to watch the lucas guys open up there season in Brunswick. Hope to heck it warms up a bit I can tell you that.

Love that bluffton Beaufort area.....one of my kids went to school down there, loved to go visit.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 12-09-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’m not doubting you heard it. It’s hard to take any news outlet seriously these days, so I rarely watch any. Brunswick is where we start our race season every year. I don’t even want to think about not getting to be there in 2021. Especially after having our 2020 season reduced to maybe a dozen shows.

We’re attending a high school football playoff game Friday and there are zero restrictions in place. It’d be pretty stupid to go from that, to a 100-day complete shutdown less than a month later — but we’re talking about politicians here, so nothing would shock me. It would just really suck though for those of us living down here, because the first three months are about the only super late model shows worth attending in Georgia. That would wipe out most of our in-state racing season.

Agreed about Bluffton. Beautiful area. We have friends there in the house flipping and realty businesses. Last name is Altizer. Good folks and highly recommended.

After seeing Kemps actions or non-actions, on this election fiasco, nothing would surprise me now!

Its been reported he has received kickbacks from Dominion!

AGAIN,,,,,,, it's a VIRUS!!!!!!!!

Masks, shots, ect are NOT going to stop it. Herd immunity is the ONLY end game in sight! If these so called "experts" where serious? You'd see Walmart. Home Depot, CosCo closing.

SUPPORT your small town Mom n Pop stores....

Well I just came home from Hilton head hospital yesterday, hip replacement, I asked about how many beds there using. I was told they have the whole 2nd floor of the hospital and the workers are not allowed to disclose have many beds are being used. Grounds to be dismissed I was told. Really does make one wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by dynotimeonly View Post
    AGAIN,,,,,,, it's a VIRUS!!!!!!!!

Masks, shots, ect are NOT going to stop it. Herd immunity is the ONLY end game in sight! If these so called "experts" where serious? You'd see Walmart. Home Depot, CosCo closing.

SUPPORT your small town Mom n Pop stores....
    Well said.....totally agree.

Especially the part about supporting the mom and pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

Absolutely Small Business support shouldn’t be about one Saturday a year. Shop local, eat local, support local as much as you can. Taking care of home should always be a top priority IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

In my area, us hunters are relying on the mom n pops for ammo!

The big retailers aint got any!

Which big retailers are out? Are you talking online or in person? I haven’t noticed much of a difference. But I’m not a hunter, so I only shop for ammo a couple times a year.

Try buying 223 or 556 caliber bulk. Seems everyone is out. Same with 9mm.
    8/13/16

9mm definitely out.

2 of my local gun shops only have ammo if you buy a gun. Pistol, you get 2 boxes of ammo. Rifle, 50 rds. Shotgun 50 rds. I was looking for a new long range gun, my club has a 600 yd bay, forget about it. Same with my new sporting clays gun. I've been waiting 6 months and just got the word last week. No idea when I mite see it.

9mm out and I can't really find a lot of 380 either in my neck of the woods but we are in pretty good shape otherwise........if I need more than I have we are in big trouble.

LOL. Bbq. Yea me too.