Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When did he have one of the fastest cars at Charlotte? Or were you referring to the testing a week before? Did that pay $12k to win???
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    When did he have one of the fastest cars at Charlotte? Or were you referring to the testing a week before? Did that pay $12k to win???
    Thanks for providing supporting details to my post above.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Second night qualified top five, won the heat and was DQ'ed from a front row starting spot in the feature. I'm not saying that was a World 100 victory, but my argument is to challenge Bayko's claim of "Perennial Backmarker".
    Last edited by zerolm; 12-13-2020 at 09:35 AM.

To build on mastersbilt_racer point about how it is an unneeded rule. Let’s say it is better than independent front. Add up the costs of an independent front suspension. For the costs of a set of cheap uppers you could easily fab your own straight axle. Many sprint car guys build a simple jig and build 3-4 spares at a time for about $100 each. I’m not saying it is better or worse, I am just pointing out they are simple to self build, simple to replace and much cheaper than a full front end set up.

I have been impressed by Kirkpatrick and love to see guys bring a different mouse trap and do well. The debate on which is better somebody can always make an argument, that’s not the point of the post or rule. What made late models cool is guys can be different.
    Last edited by zeroracing; 12-13-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zerolm View Post
    Second night qualified top five, won the heat and was DQ'ed from a front row starting spot in the feature. I'm not saying that was a World 100 victory, but my argument is to challenge Bayko's claim of "Perennial Backmarker".
    This 👍👍👍👌👌

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    This 
    what was he dq'd for?

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    what was he dq'd for?
    He wasn't dq'd he had to start at the tail because he was late to the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    He wasn't dq'd he had to start at the tail because he was late to the lineup
    Musta had to fire up the hot wrench to get some more camber in that high tech straight axle!

Gettin to much like NASCAR

Default Josh

Look at that, you sh!t in peoples Cherrios. And are now a millionaire. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Next you’ll marry Kate Upton.

I agree with you.

Got a younger guy at work who tends to do things that aren’t smart either. You got to understand the hierarchy of a situation. Did he get DQued for the axle, I dunno. Would I, no. But it’s similar to what JD and Rumley did. You can’t try and tell the higher ups f you when they got the power.

And all this hate for Richards. Aren’t you the same ones who champion capitalism? Hate a guy because he is at the top. Does he throw weight, probably. So does every other big business, and a helluva a lot worse.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB,

What does an economic system, based on supply and demand, have to do with coercion?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I love Richards but if someone comes along and builds something better than so be it (that is true capitalism)

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I love Richards but if someone comes along and builds something better than so be it (that is true capitalism)
    I like how every thing woo does is automatically marks fault and or doing lol the blue number one comes out on top no matter who's and box their playing in so I'm not thinking they were that concerned about kirkpatrick. I'm sure he may of been asked about his opinion on it but i doubt he was behind it.

Richards ain’t no better than Laborite and Longhorns

Flyboy, I hope you lose internet forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I like how every thing woo does is automatically marks fault and or doing lol the blue number one comes out on top no matter who's and box their playing in so I'm not thinking they were that concerned about kirkpatrick. I'm sure he may of been asked about his opinion on it but i doubt he was behind it.
    It's pretty simple. He supplies 90% of the cars. The guys in charge of woo don't know squat about race cars. He can tell them anything. He can get 10 of his drivers to call and complain. He's gonna get results.

Aside from Rumley Rules, when hasn't he gotten his way?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Is it just me or does it seem like the more rules that get added to the books the less choices we have for competitive chassis. 20 rules and 20 years ago we had GRT, Mastersbuilt, Warrior, Shaw, Victory circle, Rayburn, TNT and probably a long list of regional builders that were able to compete and no one hears about most of them anymore.

Not as many cars and tracks these days, but we have really just 'swapped out' builders. We have Longhorn, Black Diamond, Capital, Bloomquist that did not exist 20 years ago and less participants in the sport. I don't like to see the ingenuity taken away either but also have been around long enough to see the evolution of how we got to this point. First step for dirt late model racing is to actually enforce the rules they have before adding new....

Are we ever going to see another "shock behind" type idea that is allowed in the sport? And I mean how that changed the way cars raced as a whole, not being literal. It doesn't seem like any kid of innovation is allowed anymore.