Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Does anyone have a link or info on where the rule change is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Does anyone have a link or info on where the rule change is ?
    I don't think there's anything in print. I'm guessing he was tipped off to it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    That's one interesting pc.

Personally I am glad they put a stop to it. Rules are made for some to work around the rule book. I applaud the ingenuity to come up with it.

Costs are out of hand as it is. You bring this new pc into the mix and you just made brand new cars obsolete
    How is a new car obsolete? Is this ancient technology proven better? Let's skips that and pretend a straight axle car has an advantage. Are all the crybabies, who apparently complained, running several year old cars?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't think there's anything in print. I'm guessing he was tipped off to it.
    Gotcha that's ashame, question for those in the know. Was the earlier car he built that he had at i think eastbay a year or two ago the same design ?

Are they trying to prevent people from experimenting with some sort of front end traction control through the use of an axle? Is it a preemptive rule?

Every morning I wake up wondering if this is the day Mark Richards knocks on my door demanding my firearms.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Every morning I wake up wondering if this is the day Mark Richards knocks on my door demanding my firearms.
    Truth is stranger than fiction to some, and completely believable to others.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MastersBuilt, I will ask you this. Guys are spending 40 on rollers to run in a crate class. It is the exact same car as a slm minus some lite weight bolt on gear.

To my question. So what happens if someone shows up with a straight front axle slm and dominates racing ? You can't tell me that's going to be good for the sport. All those guy on tour will be dumping cars and the builders won't be able to build them fast enough. I betcha the price goes up another 5 K on top of that.

For all you haters of team blue. Rockets where a decent car to have 5 yrs ago. They developed the xr-1 to where it is today and there probably selling at a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1.

Technology is killing the sport, Gaerte, Shavers you could buy them in the 30k range. Today you mite get a good used one for that price. I guess I liked the sport a lot more in my day.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    MastersBuilt, I will ask you this. Guys are spending 40 on rollers to run in a crate class. It is the exact same car as a slm minus some lite weight bolt on gear.

To my question. So what happens if someone shows up with a straight front axle slm and dominates racing ? You can't tell me that's going to be good for the sport. All those guy on tour will be dumping cars and the builders won't be able to build them fast enough. I betcha the price goes up another 5 K on top of that.

For all you haters of team blue. Rockets where a decent car to have 5 yrs ago. They developed the xr-1 to where it is today and there probably selling at a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1.

Technology is killing the sport, Gaerte, Shavers you could buy them in the 30k range. Today you mite get a good used one for that price. I guess I liked the sport a lot more in my day.
    How good is a 2010 Mastersbilt? You have to get new cars due to advancement anyway. If the rulebook is a joke, just say so. This sport was built with a very small rulebook. When I started driving, we had monoleaf cars, swing arm cars, 4 link cars, cantilever cars, and more. It was all legal and it was all ok. We didn't need a new rule if a car went on a winning streak.

Any car can be clipped. You can't go making new rules every time something looks different. It's bush leagues

You know darn well if Longhorn brought 5 new axle cars to speedweeks 2020, it would still be legal, just like it was. Hell, big block mods say you HAVE to run a front axle.

I don't care what fools spend on a crate, or a super. Guys buy a new car for 40k and could have had the same thing if they cut and welded their old one.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-12-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I like what Masterbilt thinks on this issue 👍👍👍

Yesterday took skills. Today takes money.

I highly doubt the rule change is over Kirkpatrick. The dude still hasn’t raced worth a crap ever.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

How many other axle cars are out there Bayko? Your logic should be what Dirtcar is using, but it isn't.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    How many other axle cars are out there Bayko? Your logic should be what Dirtcar is using, but it isn't.
    There’s no actual proof that it is illegal at this point. It’s just this perennial backmarker’s word that thinks he understands chassis dynamics than anybody else. There’s that.

This guy also openly tells anybody who listens that he builds cars outside of the rules and has shocked pikachu face when the people who make the rules push back. There also that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bayko, if the car was outside of the rules why do they need to make a new rule to outlaw it ?

Picacho face ? I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

I applaud the guy. I see nothing wrong with what he did.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Josh Bayko, running second to McDowell at Smoky Mountain, beating Overton for a win at Cherokee, having one of the very fastest cars at Charlotte hands down is what you call a “perennial backmarker”? I’ve seen some ignorant posts from you before, and this one just reinforces my knowledge of your ignorance.

I meant Marler at Smoky Mountain, sorry.

It seems Bayko isn't impressed with Kirkpatrick and how he handles himself. The exaggerated description of his results aside, Bayko makes a point. You can be fast a lot longer if you do it quietly. A winners interview where he talks about how he drove a good race and no DoD interviews, he's still legal and getting better.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1