Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Wouldn't side boards be counter-productive since that increases aero? If people want to have that as a "one-off" deal to run sometime during the year, I think that would be fine. But finding a way make supers more affordable and more attainable to more people, I think less aero is part of the answer. I feel that if we could find a way to make supers more achievable like in years past, that we wouldn't see the need for so many multiple late model classes, like we currently now have in the SouthEast for example. Just food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Wouldn't side boards be counter-productive since that increases aero? If people want to have that as a "one-off" deal to run sometime during the year, I think that would be fine. But finding a way make supers more affordable and more attainable to more people, I think less aero is part of the answer. I feel that if we could find a way to make supers more achievable like in years past, that we wouldn't see the need for so many multiple late model classes, like we currently now have in the SouthEast for example. Just food for thought...
    Like masterbuilt said..... gotta takeaway the traction to make racing cheaper. If youre running soft azz tires and a car that makes stupid downforce, you then neen huge HP and expensive engines. Theres a reason you only need about a 10,000$ engine to be uber competitive in open wheel mods

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like the more rules that get added to the books the less choices we have for competitive chassis. 20 rules and 20 years ago we had GRT, Mastersbuilt, Warrior, Shaw, Victory circle, Rayburn, TNT and probably a long list of regional builders that were able to compete and no one hears about most of them anymore.
    How about this one??? And 43 wins in 43 starts???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXWgf_9_u2s
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

To me, Austin is the modern dirt late model version of Jim Shampine who innovated and built better mouse traps, so to speak, in the super modifieds at Oswego Speedway in NY. He would build a new design car and practice it before the races until he know it was ready to win.