Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still the best ever in a DLM

I still think he is the best ever in a DLM car. Math doesn’t lie. Souvenir truck doesn’t lie either. https://m.facebook.com/ScottBloomquistRacing/

Nope sorry Bloomquist has been VERY good but not the best Billy Moyer is the goat

Seen them both race in their prime.......Bloomer by a mile!

Bloomquist is the greatest at this point.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Bloomer is the best that ever drove a DLM full time, but his best days are very much behind him now. Be glad you saw him during his prime.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Seen them both race in their prime.......Bloomer by a mile!
    How many globes in a mile?

He has so much baggage to deal with I don't know if you will ever see what scott can do moving forward.

This is like debating Coke and Pepsi.....they both are /were/still can be really good.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The only reason why this is a debate is because Jeff Purvis went asphalt racing.

Yea Purvis was good, real good. He will be the one that takes the what if ? Conditions were different.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    He has so much baggage to deal with I don't know if you will ever see what scott can do moving forward.
    That’s unfortunate

Ill always think Jeff purvis was the best he won eldora in 83 ,84,86,an if her had listened to CJ he would of won in 87 but he ran second nobody else has wins that close together..

Jeff Purvis was the best and unlike Bloomquist, Purvis is a good person.

Quote Originally Posted by gjohnston View Post
    The only reason why this is a debate is because Jeff Purvis went asphalt racing.
    Was waiting for the Purvis post. This thread is now complete.

Until 6 months from now. Then we'll go over this again
    8/13/16

Remind me how many others wins Purvis had on dirt at tracks not named Eldora! Oh and before I even say the number, Bloomquist has finished 2nd in races at Eldora how many times? It's more then 10! Moyer padded his numbers with hundreds of regional races. Scott didnt do that. I'm sorry but there is a huge competition factor in the totals wins between Moyer and Bloomquist. I am not knocking Moyer, he is fn fantastic. Scott is just in a league of his own. He has always thrived racing against the best of the best.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Quote Originally Posted by gjohnston View Post
    Undeniable truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennylinda View Post
    Jeff Purvis was the best and unlike Bloomquist, Purvis is a good person.
    More undeniable truth.

Yeah but Bloomquist went searching for Purvis. He found him and beat him. Scott did beat the best. Yes Sir.

This is the same discussion you can have in any racing. Richard Petty vs Dale Earnhardt vs Jimmy Johnson?Steve Kinser vs Donnie Schatz vs Jan Opperman vs Sammy Swindell vs Doug Wolfgang?In DLM you have to consider Bloomquist, Moyer, Purvis, Buck Simmons, Mike Duvall, Freddy Smith, Rodney Combs, Larry Moore. Larry Phillips, Jimmy Owens. Josh Richards, Brandon Shepherd?Different generations, different styles of racing, different cars, different tracks, different conditions, etc.Instead of trying to decide who is the best, maybe we should try for the Top 5 or Top 10?And who is the next person in line to challenge for the title of the Best of All Time? But best of all it makes for a great debate and discussion.

Yeah but Richard Petty built the cars he raced JJ did not.

Default Wow

I’ve never seen one of these threads before. I think a Bloomquist vs Moyer debate is mute. I think they are equals, I do.

We can debate Purvis all day long, he went asphalt racing, have no idea. Other than Scott started figuring out where he was racing and went there, because he felt Jeff was the best. And did start beating him.

I think it’d have been a great rivalry, Moyer, Bloomer, Purvis, but we will never know.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.