Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Boyd’s Speedway Has Been Sold

Been talked about for a while now, including on this forum, but Boyd’s has finally been sold: https://m.facebook.com/6142030052616...919471564/?d=n

looks like this place will make it one way or the other now!!!!!! google google google is all I HAVE TO SAY...THIS GUY IS A MILLIONAIRE MONEY NO PROBBLEM...
    Last edited by crownman25; 12-17-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    looks like this place will make it one way or the other now!!!!!! google google google is all I HAVE TO SAY...THIS GUY IS A MILLIONAIRE MONEY NO PROBBLEM...
    Um, the last owner wasn’t exactly rolling change to go get dinner.

No he wasnt!

Just saw his home for sale in Chattanooga.........18,000sf,..... $8,000,000!

What does he do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    No he wasnt!

On a ridge overlooking the Tennessee River. That’s a sweet house.

Was in the boiler and tank business I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    No he wasnt!

Dang, sounds like a shack.

Again, just because someone has money, doesn’t mean they wanna blow it and get very little return. Definitely a long term process to make a track successful, and that’s if you run it well with good people.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cody is probably calling him up. You can have your name right beside my driver for a fee.

After all that positive feedback on Facebook the new owners are looking at each other in the mirror asking WTF did we do.

I might be wrong when I say this and I hope I am but I just got a feeling that it was bought for the land do to the location.

How much land comes with the track? It’s not sitting next to 75, but it isn’t far from it. That would determine the land value. You can easily see the track lights from 75. And there appears to be a small old motocross track between the race track and the interstate. Is that all the same property?

Not sure of exact acreage, but sizable parking. It’s in a flood plain so that would have to be considered but so was the area where the Top Golf and Bass Pro were built. That exit is growing at warp speed as of late. That much land that close to the interstate is going to only become a hotter commodity. I don’t see it in five years looking the same. Hope I’m wrong. It’s 15/20 minutes from my house.

Emerson Russel is a business man, and a very successful one at that. As a local that also only lives about half an hour from the track, I hope to see him continue to operate and bring in the right people to get it back to where it was just 3-4 years ago when they were packing the stands for Lucas races. However, to my earlier statement, he is a business man with a lot of capital, and that East Ridge exit is turning into a business man’s dream in terms of turning property into money. It sits in a flood plain, but they’ll just cut another chunk out of the side of another ridge and bring in a ton of dirt to build it up and send the water somewhere else like they did with Bass Pro, Top Golf, the new soccer stadium, etc. I hope I’m wrong and he merely uses the growth of the area to improve and grow the experience at the track...but my gut tells me that there is serious potential for it to be short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Cody is probably calling him up. You can have your name right beside my driver for a fee.
    Then Mr. Russell hung up and put Mr. Cody on block
    8/13/16

Default Squared

Sadly I’d say you’re on to something. Never been to Boyd’s, but if it’s real close to the interstate, flood plain means nothing. You grease the zoning departments wheels, add some dirt, magically not flood plain.

Which is fine, only issue is, where does the water go that went there?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Strange how that works. Peoria Speedway has been bought and sold numerous times over the last 10 years. It is definitely in a flood plain yet no fill or raising of elevations over that period of time. About all they have done is to build the food concessions on mobile trailers so they can be moved when needed.
    I know you'd be hard pressed to build anything a mile down the road.
    8/13/16

Well this place has a lot of negatives it is a eastern time zone has curfew of 11 I think not a lot of parking the last time I went to a big race there you had to park down the road an they would pick up an bring you to the track when Gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son was running this place it was good every week but since then it has sold I don't know how many times and it gets worse every time it sales.

3-wide, they can run till 12:30am. now. The track has a lot of positives but most posting on this thread seem to sway to just negatives, give these folks a chance, enjoy today and not be worry-warts of what may come down the road.

Late Model Mark

The sad part is that Boyd’s could be a premier venue (racing surface aside, that’s a different conversation) for both fans and racers. It was headed in that direction when Dale and Duplissy first starting their ownership/management stint. The facilities were being invested in with every intent of making them top notch, and they were well on their way. Problem was Duplissy has a knack for rubbing people the wrong way, and Dale has worked way too hard over the entirety of his career to build the reputation he has in the racing community, and a continued partnership with Duplissy had the potential to jeopardize that...heard that straight out of Dale’s mouth during a conversation at the Lucas race he helped promote at North GA last year. With Dale’s “departure” they have struggled to find the right combination of funds, passion for the sport and knowledge of how to manage and operate a track. I say all that to say this...a guy with a lot of money just sold the track to another guy with a lot of money. Will Emerson develop a big enough and sincere enough passion to keep the track going and let it get to its full potential??...time will tell.

Maybe some of us that actually live near and see all the development in the area might have a decent perspective ya think there Marky?

I’m not being negative and hope it’s around forever. I’m not naive either. That property is/was a good investment.

I read on the web where Duplissey hitting the young employee had a lot to do with it!

I cant even imagine a "wealthy, respected" businessman conducting business like that! The employee shoulda sued him! Pathetic!