Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up BRISTOL DIRT NATIONALS - March 20th - SLM $50,000 win. 50 laps & A LOT MORE NEWS

Bristol Motor Speedway Dirt
    Bristol, Tennessee

March 15th thru March 20th
    "Bristol Dirt Nationals"
    Super Late Models - $50,000 to win. 50 laps on Saturday.
    UMP style Open Wheel Modifieds
    604 Late Models
    602 Late Models
    IMCA Modifieds
    IMCA Sport Mods
    IMCA Stock Cars
    Hornets

BRISTOL DIRT NATIONALS - DRIVER / CAR REGISTRATION. LINK BELOW.
    https://racexr.com/register/bristol-...23GV2XhfZnNADc

FULL ARTICLE
    BRISTOL DIRT NATIONALS TO SHOWCASE EIGHT CLASSES FROM DIFFERENT RACING SANCTIONS DURING WEEKLONG EXTRAVAGANZA OF DIRT RACING AT BMS
    https://racexr.com/2020/12/21/bristo...yoIfGA5eHGTo7U

BRISTOL DIRT NATIONALS - EVENT FACEBOOK PAGE
    https://www.facebook.com/bristoldirt/
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

BRISTOL TO PAY $50K FOR SUPER LATEMODELS
    The inaugural Bristol Dirt Nationals, March 15-20, has added seven additional classes from multiple sanctioning bodies to join the Super Late Models and round out the weeklong extravaganza of dirt track racing that will offer an overall combined purse of more than $400,000, it was announced today by Bristol Motor Speedway officials.
    The mega showcase of dirt track racing will feature many of the most highly-decorated competitors from across the United States with heavy participation expected from the East and Southeast and a large contingent of drivers traveling to Thunder Valley from the Midwest.
    The powerful Super Late Models will headline the Bristol Dirt Nationals and will run full shows on both Friday and Saturday nights, with the marquee $50,000-to-win 50-lap grand finale on Saturday night closing out the historic event. On Friday night, the Super Late Models will close out the night’s racing with a 50-lap feature race that will pay $10,000-to-win.
    Other classes to hit the famed Bristol Motor Speedway high banks during the highly-anticipated event include Modifieds, Sport Mods, Stock Cars, 602 and 604 Late Models (crate engine packages), Hornets (compacts) and Open Modifieds. Due to pit space considerations, all supporting divisions will be limited to 150 entries per class. The Super Late Models will not have an entry cap.
    There will be heat and feature races on each day early in the week to set the fields for the main feature races in each of the seven support classes during the weekend. On Friday, there will be a 30-lap main for Sport Mods that pays $5,000 to the winner; a 30-lap main for the 602 Late Models that also pays the winner $5,000; and a 30-lap Modified feature that pays $7,500-to-win. On Saturday, there will be a 16-lap Hornet main that pays $2,000-to-win; a 30-lap Stock Car feature that pays $5,000 to the winner; a 30-lap 604 Late Model race that pays $7,500-to-win; and a 30-lap Open Modified feature that will pay the winner $10,000. All classes will award payouts to the top 24 finishers in the feature events.
    Driver registration will be available starting Dec. 21 at www.bristoldirt.com. The event offers open registration and entry is on a first come, first served basis.
    More details, including class breakdowns, participant entry fees, competition schedules, full purse breakdown information and event format will be announced soon. Information regarding spectator tickets (Friday and Saturday only), and camping availability will be announced in the new year.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

are tickets on sale yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bc12 View Post
    are tickets on sale yet?
    " Information regarding spectator tickets (Friday and Saturday only), and camping availability will be announced in the new year."

Some numbers already. If I'm reading that right, 1146 total cars have registered.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00010069868062
    2021 race count
    6 events

Super Late Model - Drivers Entered

Ross Componovo
    Nathan Stephens

WOW, the place will be packed

Got a room booked and waiting on tickets to go on sale!...stoked about this! Only hiccup I saw with driver entry is that it’s scheduled on top of Lucas at Atomic and Brownstown...

World Outlaw races added to Bristol for April.-----April 8-10, the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series will headline the action in the World of Outlaws Bristol Bash, accompanied by the DIRTcar UMP Modifieds. April 22-24 for the World of Outlaws Bristol Throwdown, joined by the Super DIRTcar Series Big Block Modifieds.

Most classes reached 150 entries (max) before the end of the day yesterday....Expected it to be big, had no idea it would fill up that fast!

How many classes?? Isn’t that EAMS all over again?

I love racing just as much as anyone, I dont think I can sit through a hornet race at a race track that size. I hope they have some good tech people looking over these cars when the time comes. There are some absolute death traps in that class.

I'm unsure if I'll attend this one now with the outlaws locking down a show there a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    WOW, the place will be packed
    No, it won’t be. Not even close. We were considering going, but after seeing more details, we will pass. I’m sure a lot of people will feel the same way.

Far too many classes and cars for me to want to sit thru. There are going to be some late nights. If I was able to go, I'd rather goto 1 of the WoO weekends.

only super lates are running full shows fri and sat. The 6 other divisions are only running a feature, 3 on friday, 3 on saturday.

If you scroll down in the link it tells you the schedule breakdown for the whole week. I don't believe every class is racing everyday. I saw in the comments a entry list might be revealed in a few days

https://racexr.com/events/bristoldir...dWdY0lY3q50y4Y
    2021 race count
    6 events

Yeah, Friday and Saturday late model shows don't look bad.

Bloomer is going to win the SLM race

For the 604's, you gotta be there Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Pretty much kills the entire week for some of the support classes. I decided to pass on racing this event cause I couldn't commit to that with my work schedule unfortunately. What I hope some guys need to understand is they will be spending a huge amount of their yearly budget just on this one week. Should be interesting and great exposure for those that are going, but I couldn't justify it.

Thumbs up

Bloomquist is registered in 3 divisions

IMCA Modified - #0
    UMP / USMTS Modified - #0
    Super Late Model - #0
    Nathan Stephens