Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Thanks a ton for the anniversary greetings, Kid!

Yep, we're almost always in the sack by 11:00 PM on NYE. I gave up getting juiced on NYE a long time ago due to the fact that I want to be feeling coherent and well enough to eat lunch so as to enjoy the bowl games on TV. I make up for the sobriety on NYE a few times throughout the year! LOL!

My wife planned our wedding around the fact that all her family lived/lives in Daytona Beach. We got hitched on the beach with just a few guests present. At that time our wedding day was the warmest December day on record in Daytona. Spent the night at a beachside hotel, got up before the sun and watched it come up over the Atlantic. We had tickets for the Hall of Fame Bowl so we drove over to Tampa on New Year's Day only to be disappointed to watch our Alma Mater lose that day. Everything is a great memory but that game! Weather was beautiful.
    I know what you mean about New Years Day! I just pretty much quit drinking and to be honest was never a big drinker anyway so, yes I will not be feeling bad on New Years Day and will be able to celebrate our Christmas and not be hung over lol.

That's sounds like a great wedding with a small group of people and time being on the beach. Then going to the football game. A memory of a lifetime.

My wife and I got married in Vegas with a small group of people but, we wouldn't change it for nothing. It's our 25th anniversary coming up in April. We were going to go back to Vegas but, that might have to wait for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    What year in Daytona......thats where i was born!

Used to be a great racing town......just wish I had been a little older while my dad worked for Ray Fox's cup team!

Rays shop, Smokey's, and Fish carburetor......those were the days!
    That's pretty neat that your dad worked for Ray Fox's cup team. Do you know what his job was or what all he did? Because, I know when my dad worked for Digard racing the crew members would have more than one job.

Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas to everyone and may next year be better for all of us.

Here is all of yours Christmas card from Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzPpVINfpo
    Last edited by ss12; 12-24-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    That's pretty neat that your dad worked for Ray Fox's cup team. Do you know what his job was or what all he did? Because, I know when my dad worked for Digard racing the crew members would have more than one job.
    In the shop, he did general maintenance and light fabrication. At the track, he was the gas man!

After we moved, we would meet the team at various Cup tracks.....Atlanta, Charlotte, Darlington, and Daytona.

In between that, he crew chiefed for my uncle on the local dirt tracks.My uncle won over 400 features during that time.

Then my dad became a flagman and flagged all over Fla and Ga! Needless to say, racing is in my blood!

In the shop, he did general maintenance and light fabrication. At the track, he was the gas man!

After we moved, we would meet the team at various Cup tracks.....Atlanta, Charlotte, Darlington, and Daytona.

In between that, he crew chiefed for my uncle on the local dirt tracks.My uncle won over 400 features during that time.

Then my dad became a flagman and flagged all over Fla and Ga! Needless to say, racing is in my blood!

That's a great story and yes I know what you mean by racing in your blood. Your Uncle sounds like an Uncle of mine who recently passed away but, one year he won 11 out of 15 features. I'm not sure how many he won but, not nowhere near 400. That's quite an accomplishment.

My dad was a fabricator, he drove the rig to the tracks and was a tire changer on the pit crew. My brother, a friend of ours and myself one night was honorary crew members and actually helped out. Back then when they would come in for a pitstop they would have to take the rim and tire down to the Goodyear trailer and get new rubber on the rim. I remember my brother and our friend had minor burns on their hands form the rims still being hot when we took them down. We got to excited and didn't let them cool down before we grabbed them. I still have a couple of pics from that day. It's a day I will never forget. I'm sure you have days like that you will never forget. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    That's a great story and yes I know what you mean by racing in your blood. Your Uncle sounds like an Uncle of mine who recently passed away but, one year he won 11 out of 15 features. I'm not sure how many he won but, not nowhere near 400. That's quite an accomplishment.

My dad was a fabricator, he drove the rig to the tracks and was a tire changer on the pit crew. My brother, a friend of ours and myself one night was honorary crew members and actually helped out. Back then when they would come in for a pitstop they would have to take the rim and tire down to the Goodyear trailer and get new rubber on the rim. I remember my brother and our friend had minor burns on their hands form the rims still being hot when we took them down. We got to excited and didn't let them cool down before we grabbed them. I still have a couple of pics from that day. It's a day I will never forget. I'm sure you have days like that you will never forget. Thanks for sharing.

One story i always forget is my dad and uncle were on the team that raced a Ford Falcon around Daytona for 24 hours straight. Ford wanted to show how durable it was for the average family.

My uncle was one of the drivers and my dad a gas man. But a different type of gas man. They had a car rigged up like a refueler for an airplane and would drop down on the apron to get refueled without stopping!

One story i always forget is my dad and uncle were on the team that raced a Ford Falcon around Daytona for 24 hours straight. Ford wanted to show how durable it was for the average family.

My uncle was one of the drivers and my dad a gas man. But a different type of gas man. They had a car rigged up like a refueler for an airplane and would drop down on the apron to get refueled without stopping!
    Now that is a crazy story and a ford falcon at that. Was Smokey Yunick involved in making that contraption. Talk about ingenuity.