Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the car passes tech, which I hope is tuff on safety equipment, then yes you have the right to be there. I hope officials look at the line ups really close and have these unknowns so to speak behind guys that are proven racers. Easy, probably not, but with as many divisions they are running I think you may see a few hard crashes just from guys not experienced enough with the speed this place is going to produce.

My post was not to judge who or who should not be there, just simply stating that everyone should take the advice seriously. They chose the format and they will get what they get, I just hope it doesn't turn into a $hitshow with unprepared drivers getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by noitall93w View Post
    You think the fast guys want junk there? No. Remember at eldora a couple years ago some slow lapped car junked McDowell leading a heat
    Yep, that boy didn’t belong there. He’s from my area, I think he’s since quit. He had trouble not getting lapped in heat races at local events.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    If the car passes tech, which I hope is tuff on safety equipment, then yes you have the right to be there. I hope officials look at the line ups really close and have these unknowns so to speak behind guys that are proven racers. Easy, probably not, but with as many divisions they are running I think you may see a few hard crashes just from guys not experienced enough with the speed this place is going to produce.
    You are saying "fix" the lineups?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MastersBuilt, Yea your right, you can't do it. I look back at Eldora. You have the fast guys and the slow guys. They always seem to get through it. Race on.

It's real easy to sign up now and then back out later when there's no fee paid at this time. Guys are gonna start doing the math and find out they'll be blowing a lot of their racing budget for the year one one week(end,)
    And what about all the costs that haven't been mentioned yet? Fees for parking your rig, entry, registering your 4 wheeler, etc. It's a NASCAR track...expect a NASCAR fingerbanging.
    I bet the same takes place on the fan side too. Don't expect $3 beers and $2 hot dogs.
    As far as safety, I hope there is rigorous tech for safety but no lightweight parts? C'mon... The sport has evolved A LOT since the last time dirt late models were there. Is it going to be that much different than any of the the other fast 1/2 miles that are out there?

These are neat events they have planned and I'm excited to see them but I wonder what the ACTUAL car counts will end up being?
    Last edited by 427c.i.; 12-24-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    It's real easy to sign up now and then back out later when there's no fee paid at this time. Guys are gonna start doing the math and find out they'll be blowing a lot of their racing budget for the year one one week(end,)And what about all the costs that haven't been mentioned yet? Fees for parking your rig, entry, registering your 4 wheeler, etc. It's a NASCAR track...expect a NASCAR fingerbanging. I bet the same takes place on the fan side too. Don't expect $3 beers and $2 hot dogs. As far as safety, I hope there is rigorous tech for safety but no lightweight parts? C'mon... The sport has evolved A LOT since the last time dirt late models were there. Is it going to be that much different than any of the the other fast 1/2 miles that are out there?These are neat events they have planned and I'm excited to see them but I wonder what the ACTUAL car counts will end up being?
    You have always been allowed to bring your own coolers in at Bristol, I don’t see this being any different. Walking into the stands at Bristol for the first time is one of my greatest memories of racing. If you haven’t gone I recommend it.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

It's real easy to sign up now and then back out later when there's no fee paid at this time. Guys are gonna start doing the math and find out they'll be blowing a lot of their racing budget for the year one one week(end,)
    And what about all the costs that haven't been mentioned yet? Fees for parking your rig, entry, registering your 4 wheeler, etc.
    You have to pay to register, you can't just register for free...and all the fee's for parking, entry and four wheelers etc. is listed on the website. All classes have reached the 150 limit except for Late Models, which doesn't have a cap....

Impressive sellout already, but you can enter the draft for a chance to be drawn!

https://racexr.com/events/bristoldirt/

Where do people get the idea there will be IMCA mods running Bristol ? I have only seen UMP Mods listed. As far as safety goes , the IMCA Mod is the safest mod raced because of the tough IMCA rules and safety inspections.

Look at the website Mod Runner. There's a Modified and an Open Modified Class.

The modified is ran under IMCA rules.
    Open modifieds are UMP, WISSOTA, USMTS, USRA.

https://racexr.com/events/bristoldirt/

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. IMCA rules , but not IMCA sanctioned. I see !

When they ran at Bristol the last time wasn’t that before they redid the track?

yea the track was redone in 2007 I believe. Sounds like they will be using laser technology to shape the banking of the track the same stuff they used in 07 for the progressive banking they put in.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    You have to pay to register, you can't just register for free...and all the fee's for parking, entry and four wheelers etc. is listed on the website. All classes have reached the 150 limit except for Late Models, which doesn't have a cap....
    So, 50+ cars chose to forfeit a registration fee?

So, 50+ cars chose to forfeit a registration fee?
    A lot more than that, "only" 823 showed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Yep, that boy didn’t belong there. He’s from my area, I think he’s since quit. He had trouble not getting lapped in heat races at local events.
    I see he's living his best life now. He has a big SEND NUDES across the windshield of his car.